Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Accounts Payable Staff Accountant with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
The Sporting Kansas City Accounts Payable Staff Accountant is responsible for paying invoices by verifying and completing payable transactions. In addition, the Accounts Payable Staff Accountant updates, maintains files and reports financial information, ensuring accuracy and compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Process mail daily, including routing AP invoices to club leaders for coding and approval.
- Enter and pay all invoices by verifying transaction information, scheduling and preparing disbursements, and obtaining authorization for payment.
- Answer and respond to all member and vendor inquiries on a timely basis.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Apply proper accounting treatment for prepaid and capital assets.
- Contribute to ongoing accounting process and system enhancements.
- Reconcile all vendor statements received monthly.
- Assist Controller with month end journal entries and month end close.
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to work under pressure and perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
- Practice regular and prompt attendance with a flexible work schedule.
- Exceptional time management.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with Executive Leadership, Team Leads and other associates.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Degree seeking in Accounting, Finance or other related field required
- Entry Level Accounting Position
- Experience in the manufacturing industry preferred.
- Strong understanding of the general ledger, costing, variance and other manufacturing related analysis.
- Ability to review documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to use objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holiday as necessary?
Do you have access to reliable personal transportation?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Describe why you are the ideal candidate for this position.