Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Account Executive with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
- Use strategic telemarketing, email and face-to-face appointments to contact potential clients.
- Attend weekly meetings and role-play training sessions conducted by the Sales Leader.
- Build trust and a professional business relationship with all clients.
- Prospect new clients by networking throughout the community.
- Sell a full menu of ticket plans including, but not limited to, single games, premium inventory, season tickets, partial plans and group tickets to both business and individual consumers.
- Consistently touch base with clients to pass along relevant information in order to convert them into ticket buyers.
- Educate clients about potential ticket upgrades with the ultimate goal of increasing revenue.
- Develop and plan group events to create a unique experience for a group.
- Coordinate with clients to plan times to meet and greet during Sporting Kansas City games.
- Reach out to clients after game day to ensure they had the best possible fan experience.
- Show empathy to clients who may be upset, making sure to turn tragic moments into magic moments.
- Perform various game day duties.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- 60 calls each day.
- 4 meetings executed each week.
- 10 handwritten letters each week.
- 10 LinkedIn social media post each week.
- Coordinate game day visits with clients.
- Call all clients before games to ensure they are prepared, answering any additional questions they may have and resolving any ticketing issues.
- Arrange stadium tours for new prospects.
- Work sales tables during the game.
- Walk around Children’s Mercy Park to greet guests and answer questions.
- Complete a post-game unique experience for clients
- Follow-up on experience with clients.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Self-motivating personality, eager to succeed and increase revenue.
- Confidence, tact and persuasive manner.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Strong networking skills.
- Approachable and diplomatic.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
- Practice regular and prompt attendance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sports Management or other related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience (sports or entertainment field preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques, or open to learning.
- Awareness of sports industry development.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit for long periods of time with occasional standing and walking.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently with the Sales Team and clients.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Occasional short distance travel may be required to meet with potential clients.
- Must maintain emotional control under stress.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
What are your compensation requirements?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Why are you the best candidate for this position?
Why do you want to be a part of Sporting KC?
Do you have inside sales experience?