Academy Team Administrator - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · MO)
- Manage the day-to-day operations for Sporting KC U19 – U12 Academy teams.
- Manage the SKC Academy Center of Excellence.
- Manage & track SKC Academy budget.
- Plan & execute various events such as team travel, tryouts, tournaments and more.
- Coordinate & communicate team and facility schedules and calendars with staff, players & academy parents.
- Register Academy teams for various competitions and leagues.
- Coordinate scheduling and other needs with the management of SKC Academy’s training facility, Swope Soccer Village.
- Assist with SKC Academy marketing efforts.
- Assist with basic relocation efforts of relocating Academy Players.
- Assist with SKC Academy Residential Program.
- Assist with Team Administration of Sporting Kansas City and Sporting KC II.
- Maintain & create various relationships inside and outside of the organization.
- Maintain & develop a competitive & successful team environment.
- Manage & perform other responsibilities as needed.
- Support Sporting Kansas City’s mission, vision and purpose.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Adaptation to the four Sporting Kansas City Core Values; Team First, Work Ethic, Intelligence & Winning Mentality.
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Must possess a strong, professional, positive, and self-motivated work ethic.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Have a desire to continually improve from both individual & team perspectives. Exemplify a growth mindset.
- Passionate about professional sports, including soccer and team operations.
- Ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy. Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive, confidential situations and information.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in relative field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years of related experience.
- Prior experience in team operations preferred.
- Experience in soccer required.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Calendar.
- Capacity to adapt to the unique and vibrant Kansas City market.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Spanish language fluency preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands operate and feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Associate may be required to travel.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Describe why you are the best candidate for this position.
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
What are your compensation requirements if offered the position?
Do you have prior experience working in a sports team operations or administration role?