Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Academy Head Fitness Coach with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
- Ensure players are ready for practice and games by conducting pre-warmup activation and injury prevention sessions.
- Direct field warm-up sessions and cool-down sessions.
- Assisting to plan and implement the specific training mode for all Academy Team Sessions.
- Assist in Coaches in enhancing the technical, tactical, and psychological aspects of the game of soccer to all Academy teams.
- Assist the First Team and Second Team Fitness Coach as available for day to day tasks.
- Conduct the implementation of strength training programs in the gym, conditioning protocols on the field and gym, as well as movement skill sessions.
- Collect subjective and objective data in regards to U15-U19 Academy team training load monitoring (StatSports, Polar HR, RPE).
- Conduct individual corrective exercise as well as individual and transitional rehab training to players to Academy players.
- Assist Academy Technical staff in specifically planning training cycles in regards to the specific training development windows.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Test, evaluate, collect and profile all academy players through various performance related tools (CMJ, 30m Sprint, Yo-Yo IFT, PHV, etc.)
- Must be available to work long hours, including but not limited to holidays and weekends.
- Extensive travel to all Development Academy away games will be required.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives, as well as exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to work well with a team, showing team management and productivity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional time-management.
- Energetic and dependable.
- Rapid communication.
- Professionalism at all times.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Exercise Science or a related field required.
- Minimum of three (2-3) years of experience working with elite/competitive athletes, specifically in soccer.
- Strong educational exposure to exercise physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, strength and conditioning, sports psychology and other various exercise science disciplines.
- Proficiency in demonstrating athletic movement both on the field and at the gym.
- Technical experience with sports science technology and its application preferred.
- Previous experience coaching sports and managing athletes at a minimum of the collegiate or academy level.
- NSCA CSCS or CPT and/or NASM PES Certifications preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Do you have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Exercise Science or a related field?
Do you have two (2) to three (3) years experience working with elite/competitive athletes, speciffically in soccer?
Do you have NSCA CSCS or CPT and/or NASM PES certifications?