Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2018 Summer Internship - Event Marketing Ambassador
- Represent Swope Park Rangers, Sporting Kansas City, Swope Soccer Village, Children’s Mercy Park and other affiliates and partners in a professional manner at all times.
- Set up, take down and transport the various elements of Brand Ambassador Activation elements.
- Engage fans by developing a rapport in a short time through natural dialogue.
- Market Swope Park Rangers during events throughout Kansas City and its surrounding communities.
- Responsible for the Club’s lead capture efforts including collection, distribution and database maintenance collected during events.
- Responsible for creating and executing grassroots marketing promotions throughout the Kansas City area at community events, festivals, parades, concerts, away game viewing parties and events.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings.
- Crowd management, as necessary.
- Perform essential functions with confidence.
- Represent Swope Park Rangers, Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Charismatic, outgoing and vibrant personality.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Knowledgeable and innovative with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team oriented.
- Ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and approach.
- Strong passion for Swope Park Rangers, Sporting Kansas City, the MLS, International Soccer and the Kansas City market.
- Motivated self-starter, eager to work in a hands-on learning environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications, Fashion, Merchandising, Public Relations, Event Planning, Operations, Business, or other related field required, with the ability to receive college credit.
- Junior standing in college, as well as a minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Prior experience or extensive coursework in event production, promotions and/or game presentation preferred.
- Highly involved with college campus organizations and events.
- Proven leadership abilities and skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Kansas City market.
- Bilingual speaking abilities preferred.
- Social Media, Web HTML experience preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Must have personal computer and access to the internet.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Will be working in various outdoor weather conditions, including frequent exposure to the sun and heat.
- Will be required to do light traveling around the Kansas City area.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Assisting the Marketing Team in pregame, game time, halftime, and post-game activities.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned during Swope Park Rangers home matches.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
(YES/NO) Do you have access to reliable transportation?
(YES/NO) This is an unpaid, educational internship. Are you able to receive college credit for this internship opportunity?
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary?
Why do you want to work for Sporting KC and the Swope Park Rangers?