Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2018 Spring/Summer Internship - Strength & Conditioning
- Assisting with warm ups and cool downs.
- Implementation of proper lifting techniques.
- Daily operation/maintenance of the weight room.
- Daily operations of fueling station.
- Assisting with data entry.
- Implementation of technology (GPS).
- Helping create a positive training environment.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Passionate about professional sports, including soccer.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- An Ideal candidate will have, or be working toward a BS in Exercise Science and actively pursuing a certification from the NSCA (CSCS) or NASM.
- Completion of freshman year at a four-year, accredited college institution or currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program, as well as the ability to provide proof of receiving credit for the internship toward the completion of a degree.
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative G.P.A. based on a 4.0 scale.
- Interest and experience in competitive sports preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to  pounds if necessary.
- Will be working near moving mechanical parts.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
How did you hear about this job?
This is an educational, unpaid internship. Are you able to receive college credit for this internship opportunity?
What is your pending degree or field of study?
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary?
(YES/NO) Do you have access to reliable transportation?