Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2018 Spring Internship - Food & Beverage
The Food & Beverage Intern will gain hands-on experience performing a variety of roles within a fast-paced, behind-the-scenes environment, with the chance to have a direct impact on professional soccer in Kansas City. Sporting KC’s collaborative environment full of learning opportunities is designed to help all interns evolve as professionals, challenge their strengths and reach their fullest potential.
- Learn how professional sports venues operate by collaborating with the Operations Team at Children’s Mercy Park with all hosted events, experiencing as many aspects of operations as possible.
- Learn how concessions, beverage, culinary, premium suites, catering, special events, and staffing all play a vital role in the operations of Children’s Mercy Park.
- Understand the logistics and execution of special events including corporate meetings, weddings, holiday parties, special sporting events, large and small-scale concerts or any other applicable event.
- Learn and participate in the organizational philosophy of having a pristine stadium for all events.
- Attend department meetings to learn about the processes used to organize an event and provide exceptional service for fans/guests.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Passionate about professional sports, including soccer, and stadium and event operations.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent leadership skills.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree required.
- Completion of freshman year at a four-year, accredited college institution or currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program, as well as the ability to provide proof of receiving credit for the internship toward the completion of a degree.
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative G.P.A. based on a 4.0 scale.
- Interest and experience in competitive sports preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to  pounds if necessary.
- Will be working near moving mechanical parts.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
How did you hear about this job?
(YES/NO) Do you have access to reliable transportation?
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary?
What is your pending degree or field of study?
This is an educational, unpaid internship. Are you able to receive college credit for this internship opportunity?