Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2018 Internship - Dietitian/Nutritionist
- Diet consultations; counsel players on daily nutrition for performance and health,
- including but not limited to grocery shopping and meal/snack preparation/selection
- Design nutrition plans for individuals and groups incorporating specific recommendations
- for macronutrients pre-workout and competition, during training and competition, and for
- post workout and competition.
- Supplementation recommendations according to MLS/FIFA banned substances rules
- Implement hydration strategies and recommendations
- Maintain player diet records and report to head coach and head strength coach/athletic
- trainer on individual players issues pertaining to diet, nutrition, health, and fatigue
- Serve as a food and nutrition resource for players, sports performance staff, and their families.
- Assess and emphasize the importance of players body compositions.
- Design nutrition strategies for modifying weight, lean mass, and strength.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, coaches, team personnel, and other members of the staff.
- Apply behavior modification coaching and counseling techniques.
- Coordinate food production and distribution with chef/food service director for managing training menus and catering.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Must be punctual and accountable every day
- Must be trustworthy and have a positive attitude
- Ability to work well within the group environment
- The ability to multitask and complete multiple jobs at once
- The ability to remain calm during stressful or complicated situations
- Willingness to learn from a wide variety of medical professionals
- Demonstrate ability to relate effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and project a professional attitude
- Proactive and able to function independently
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, have attention to detail, show initiative, and possess leadership characteristics
- Ability to communicate with medical, performance, technical, equipment, and administration staff
- Proficiency in Spanish and coverage of soccer is a plus
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree required.
- Completion of freshman year at a four-year, accredited college institution or currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program, as well as the ability to provide proof of receiving credit for the internship toward the completion of a degree.
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative G.P.A. based on a 4.0 scale.
- Interest and experience in competitive sports preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to  pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
This is an educational, unpaid internship. Are you able to receive college credit for this internship opportunity?