Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Youth Camp Site Manager with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle · WA
Seattle Sounders FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Seattle · WA
Player Operations: Soccer - Coach
TITLE: Youth Camp Site Manager
DEPARTMENT: Soccer Programs
REPORTS TO: Manager of Soccer Programs
FLSA STATUS: Hourly; Full-Time Seasonal
Sounders FC Youth Summer Camps provide a fun atmosphere and soccer coaching instruction for kids ages 3-16. Sounders FC Youth Camp Site Managers assist Youth Camp Site Technical Directors with the operation of the individual camp site they are supervising each week.
The Camp Site Manager will primarily be responsible for providing operational support at the camp, to include check-in and out procedures, daily giveaways, camp setup, item distribution, providing customer service to parents, and provide an additional line of safety for the camp.
The Camp Site Manager may be asked at times to provide coaching for various age groups and programs throughout the summertime. The Site Manager will provide feedback to the Site Technical Director regarding coaching performances, camp operations, and player talent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for managing and delegating responsibilities for the setup and take down of camp each day. To include:
- Overseeing the sign in and out of process of assigned camp site location.
- Ensuring equipment is delivered and organized to assigned site location each day.
- May be assigned to drive a company vehicle in order to drop off equipment to camp site each day.
- Overseeing and assigning Camp Coaches as necessary to hand out daily prizes and awards.
Implementation of Sounders FC Curriculum and Methodology
- Help the Camp Site Technical Director supervise Camp Coaches, ensuring proper implementation of Sounders FC Camps curriculum, methodology and system organization.Effectively explain curriculum and correct Camp Coaches as needed.
- Display complete support of Sounders FC Camps curriculum, methodology, and system organization always.
- If short-staffed, may assist as a Camp Coach to players in the U6 to U16 age range in accordance with Sounders curriculum and methodology.
- Assist the Camp Site Director in surveying camp sites daily for potential hazards and recording daily site check list, escalating issues to Director and/or Manager/Director of Soccer Programs as necessary.
- Ensure that all Camp Coaches follow safety procedures and protocols, escalating any major issues to the Camp Site Technical Director.
- Assist Camp Coaches in keeping the Youth Campers under control and behaving in a manner to avoid injury
- Supervise group restroom breaks to ensure Sounders FC safety protocols are being followed.
- Be a knowledgeable and positive ambassador for Sounders FC, acting as the first line of customer service for on-site questions about camp operations.
- Be cordial and respectful when interacting with parents, fellow coaches and camp participants
- Act as the first line of customer service for general customer complaints/concerns.
- Escalate any issues to Camp Technical Director and/or Manger of Soccer Programs/Director of Soccer Programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skill, Qualities, and/or Ability
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively and clearly with coaching staff and customers.
- Extremely punctual and organized.
- Poses general soccer knowledge.
- Ability to effectively learn and carry out communicated processes and procedures (i.e. the Sounders FC Youth Camp Curriculum), and in turn effectively explain it to Camp Coaches.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, motivate and educate youth players and youth coaching staff.
- Two (2) years previous camp or youth coaching required.
- Experience in childcare strongly preferred but not required.
- Premier level soccer playing experience preferred.
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certified (by first day of employment).
- Some experience in childcare or oversight of youths preferred but not required.
- Washington state driver license required (by first day of employment). Must also satisfactorily pass a driving record check, as individuals in this role must be eligible to drive company vehicles and assist in taking equipment to and from camp site locations.
Special Remarks Regarding Work Environment
- 95% of the work will be done in an outdoor environment. Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Position requires standing on feet for long periods of time and some physical exertion.
- Must be able to move and transport various types of soccer equipment and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 31 hours a week.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 6 weeks between June 22 and August 28.
- Must satisfactorily pass a criminal background check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?
Please describe your soccer playing experience.
Please describe your soccer coaching experience - including any certifications you may have.