Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
RAVE Foundation Development Manager with Seattle Sounders FC / RAVE Foundation in RAVE Foundation Development Manager · WA
Seattle Sounders FC / RAVE Foundation jobs
Sports Jobs in RAVE Foundation Development Manager · WA
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Non-Profit Management
TITLE: RAVE Foundation Development Manager
DEPARTMENT: RAVE Foundation
REPORTS TO: RAVE Foundation Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Salaried, Exempt
When you join Sounders FC you join a Family. A giant, inclusive, soccer-loving Family rooted in the best soccer city in America. Here we average nearly 40,000 fans per match, recently attracting over 69,000 fans as we won the 2019 MLS Cup here in Seattle. Our club exists to create special moments like these, where we enrich lives and unify our fans and city through soccer.
RAVE Foundation is the official charitable arm of Seattle Sounders FC and believes that soccer is a vehicle to empower and inspire. RAVE removes barriers to participation on and off the soccer field, while supporting and strengthening our local communities.
This position will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing a comprehensive donor development program for RAVE Foundation, including annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, corporate and foundation support, and stewardship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement a comprehensive funding program that includes innovative strategies to generate new revenue sources for RAVE.
- Develop and implement strategies to develop a portfolio of major gift donor prospects; cultivate, solicit and steward these prospects; appropriately compile data in RAVE’s data management system.
- Identify and communicate a case for support based on RAVE’s priorities and strategic plan, determining strategies to further amplify RAVE’s goals and mission with key donor constituencies.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, RAVE Foundation board, key Sounders FC staff and community stakeholders to establish fundraising goals and priorities for the organization.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director on fundraising strategies and opportunities with the Sounders FC Corporate Partnership department that benefit both RAVE and Sounders FC.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and the Sounders FC Marketing department to create collateral and execute campaigns as needed.
- Oversee the content and production of the RAVE Annual Report.
- Assist in developing and executing RAVE activities including special events, programs and communications for major donors.
- Support the Sounders FC Mission to Create Moments, Enrich Lives and Unify Through Soccer, as well as the Sounders FC Values of Ambition, Innovation, and Collaboration in all interactions with teammates, partners, vendors, and fans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skill, Qualities, and/or Ability
- Positive, professional demeaner.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to forge strong relationships with varying personalities and individuals.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and apply constructive change.
- Able to achieve high quality outcomes within set deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and persuasively in all forms.
- Ability to plan and implement programs focused on building internal and external relationships.
- Ability to manage a variety of programs and activities simultaneously and to further collaboration and teamwork among staff and board.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-departmentally.
- Notable experience in process and project management.
- Proven competency in facilitating groups and stakeholder networks.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and administering programs related to fundraising, volunteer management, marketing, or related fields.
- Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed, including all Sounders FC home matches.
Required Computer / Technical Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Education / Experience / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in business or non-profit related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in development, fundraising or related experience in a donor acquisition role OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Special Remarks Regarding Work Environment
- While this position functions primarily at the Sounders FC business office in Seattle, this is an external-facing role which will require many out of office meetings, events, and donor engagement opportunities. A flexible use of office space will be expected.
- Must have a personal vehicle and WA state driver license to attend off-site meetings and events.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed, including all Sounders FC home matches.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?
What are your salary expectations for this role?