Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Premium Sales Executive with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle · WA
Seattle Sounders FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Seattle · WA
Ticket Sales and Services: Premium/Suite Sales
Job Title: Premium Sales Executive
Department: Premium Sales (Corporate Partnerships, Suites, & Premium)
Reports To: Manager, Premium Sales
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
When you join Sounders FC you join a Family. A giant, inclusive, soccer-loving Family rooted in the best soccer city in America. Here we average nearly 40,000 fans per match, recently attracting over 69,000 fans as we won the 2019 MLS Cup here in Seattle. Our club exists to create special moments like these, where we enrich lives and unify our fans and city through soccer.
Our Premium Sales team focuses on new revenue generation for Sounders FC suites and premium seating products. As a Premium Sales Executive you are expected to cultivate prospects and close new business through outbound sales efforts. You are a self-motivated individual who is passionate about sales and displays a positive, can-do attitude when it comes to meeting both individual and departmental sales goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prospect, develop and close new prospects for full and half season suites, single match suites, premium seating, and corporate group sales.
- Develop and maintain relationships to encourage optimal utilization of customers premium product and corresponding amenities, to include converting / upselling into full season suite owners.
- Maintain consistent single game suite sales, while meeting and exceeding individual new revenue and retention goals in order to meet departmental net budget goals.
- Collaborate with the Marketing department to develop a successful premium sales strategy, as well as campaigns and collateral.
- Assist in service initiatives and pertinent tasks of the suite department.
- Maintain current, accurate, and detailed sales history records in CRM for all suite buyers and prospects.
- Generate single game contracts and invoices.
- Provide service on match days and other special events that may include night and weekend work.
- Model the Sounders FC Vision of Creating Moments, Enriching Lives and Unifying Through Soccer, as well as the Sounders FC Values of Ambition, Innovation, and Ambition, in all interactions with colleagues, clients, vendors, and fans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skill, Qualities, and/or Abilities
- Fantastic, dynamic interpersonal skills and approachable personality.
- Innate inner drive; hungry to sell.
- Positive and upbeat attitude.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to prioritize a multitude of duties, adjusting to constant change and alterations.
- Consistent high level of attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to think strategically, including assessment of long-term implications of current choices and decisions.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to draft strong and professional written proposals, as well as the ability to verbally communicate to prospects and clients clearly and professionally with little oversight or supervision.
- Innovative thinker who is not constrained by conventional thinking and established approaches.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Bilingual (Spanish in particular) or multilingual.
Required Computer / Technical Sills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Prior use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and KORE a plus.
Education / Experience / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in a business, sports management or related field.
- Minimum four years of successful sales experience. Prior sales experience in sports/events preferred.
- Proven track record of closing new business, exceeding sales performance goals, and a focus on prospecting and cultivating relationships.
Special Remarks Regarding Work Environments
- This position functions primarily at the Sounders FC business office in Seattle, Washington.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed, including all Sounders FC home matches.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?
What are your salary expectations?