Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
New Membership Associate (Sales Academy) with Sounders FC in SEATTLE, WA
Sounders FC jobs
Sports Jobs in SEATTLE, WA
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
Job Title: New Membership Associate (Sounders FC Sales Academy)
Department: Ticket Sales & Service
Reports To: Manager of Ticket Sales
FLSA Status: Full Time Temporary; Non-Exempt, Hourly
Are you looking for a dynamic, exciting career in sports? Seattle Sounders FC may be the fit for you!
We are searching for hard-working and self-motivated individuals to join our Sounders FC Sales Academy, an intensive career development program executed in a fun, fast-paced and competitive atmosphere. The primary focus of Sales Academy is to develop you into a sales and sports-industry professional. In addition to selling a full menu of Sounders FC ticket products, you will benefit from ongoing training where you will learn best practices, sales techniques and valuable skills that will help you be successful in sales and in the sports industry.
The Sales Academy is a twelve-month long program, but New Membership Associates will be evaluated on a regular basis throughout the year. Only those Associates who continue to meet performance expectations will be permitted to stay in the program. There is no guarantee of full-time employment at the end of this program, but top performing Associates who successfully complete the program will be recommended for full-time openings. As a New Membership Associate you will be considered a full-time temporary employee with the ability to work up to 40 hours per week. The position pays hourly wages plus commission and bonus opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Sell a full menu of ticket products including but not limited to full and partial season ticket packages, group ticket packages and premium ticket packages
· Make a minimum of 100 outbound sales calls per day to sell full, partial, group and premium ticket packages;
· Create and develop new business through referrals, networking, social selling and effective research
· Attend outside events with the purpose of selling ticket packages, networking, gathering leads and prospects
· Effectively handle incoming sales and service calls from prospective clients and ticket holders providing exceptional customer service at all times
· Meet or exceed assigned sales goals for all ticket products
· Contribute positively to a competitive sales team culture and participate in sales team meetings and training sessions
· Work events and matches as assigned to support ticket sales efforts and promotional initiatives
· Regularly produce accurate updates on prospecting activity, sales performance, outside appointment and event recaps
· Represent Seattle Sounders FC professionally on match days while interacting with clients and prospects at sales tables or seat visits
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft software programs (Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.)
· Strong organization skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
· Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to present sales materials to potential clients
· Exceptional listener
· Ambitious, proactive, self-starter
· Excellent customer relations skills
· Strong desire to learn and open to taking constructive criticism
· Ability to work collaboratively with others, establish a rapport and build strong interpersonal relationships
· Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends as well as matches and events as necessary
· Ticketing system and CRM experience preferred
· Must satisfactorily pass criminal background check
This position functions primarily at the Sounders FC office in Seattle, WA. Must have reliable means of transportation. Given the nature of the Sounders’ business, employee must be able to work evenings and weekends, including match days. Responsibilities may require standing on feet for long periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?
What drives you?