IT Specialist - Seattle Sounders FC
Role Type: Full Time
- Act as primary IT support for all Sounders FC staff.
- Manage onboarding and offboarding of users including user account creations and deactivations, license allocations, distribution lists and security groups, equipment setup and hardware refreshes.
- Support applications in Microsoft Office 365, including Exchange Online, Teams Telephony, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
- Install and maintain server and client hardware, operating systems and application software as needed.
- Create training materials, policies and instructions relating to systems, applications, security best practices, and company/IT policies to maximize staff productivity.
- Provide technology support for games, special events, etc. as required.
- Actively seeks process improvements to improve efficiencies of desktop installations and services and ensure applicable documentation is created or revised.
- Adhere to IT processes and procedures to ensure a stable computing environment (i.e. change control, incident management, problem management, etc.).
- Research and evaluate new technologies, staying ahead of trends.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues as they arise.
- Use Mobile Device Management systems, like Intune, Jamf, and Kandji to manage endpoint devices and ensure they are updated and patched.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures to monitor and promote compliance and make recommendations on updates and revisions.
- Complete special projects and ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or related discipline or equivalent work experience and certifications.
- 3+ years of professional experience working with Microsoft 365, Windows Desktop and Server OS, MacOS, iOS, and Android.
- 2+ years of professional experience with security principles such as least privilege, security group assignments, Digital Rights management, SSO, Multifactor Authentication, and Data Loss Prevention.
- 2+ years of experience working within Windows Active Directory, Azure AD, AD Connect, Mimecast Email, Okta SSO, Office365, Zoom, Slack, and Adobe Suite Administration.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; must be able to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Scripting in Windows PowerShell and/or Bash is a plus.
- A self-starter who is able to learn quickly, problem-solve, and self-teach when needed.
- Always maintain confidentiality of company information and act with integrity and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, build relationships, develop trust and credibility with stakeholders across the organization.
- This position will work primarily from the Sounders FC Offices at Starfire Sports Complex in Tukwila, WA with occasional work performed at Lumen Field, Sounders FC’s event space The Ninety, and remotely.
- Must have the ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of hire.
- Must follow all club and league COVID-19 protocols, including being required to undergo regular COVID-19 testing to access Starfire Sports Complex, at club expense.
- Must reside within Washington state upon date of hire.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and navigate under desks and behind server racks in tight spaces.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please contact the Sounders HR department with any question.
The physical demands reflective of the duties and work environment herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sounders FC is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Sounders FC is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Please tell us how your unique background or life experience will enhance our club.
What are your salary expectations for this role?
Are you legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship?
Have you included a cover letter with your application? A cover letter is required to be considered for the role.