Email Marketing Manager - Seattle Sounders FC (Seattle · WA)
Role Type: Individual Contributor
When you join Sounders FC you join a soccer-loving, socially progressive, ambitious Club rooted in the best soccer city in America. We have one of the most passionate sports fan bases in North America who are invested in the Sounders as much for our commitment to making a positive impact in our communities as they are for our winning traditions having been in the playoffs every year since our MLS debut in 2009.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Develop, manage, execute email marketing calendar across all email tiers including timing, cadence, promotional and segmentation plans
- Partner closely with internal Creative, Live Experience, Ticketing, and Business Intelligence teams to create strategy and content in support of brand initiatives and KPIs
- Work closely with cross-functional shared services to support email execution from creative through to production and deployment
- Lead and develop new segmentation and personalization strategy to drive incremental sales, retain Season Ticket Members and onboard new fans
- Grow the email list and maintain its health by managing deliverability, contact frequency and content
- Own & maintain projects in our internal Project Management tool, Wrike
- Drive the creative ideation for email templates and UI/UX across various mediums
- Write and propose content for various emails, utilizing expertise and knowledge of industry best practices
- Align across departments to build customer journeys and onboarding according to business priorities and best practices
- Build and update all Salesforce Marketing Cloud journeys. Working with Business Intelligence team to optimize list performance, audiences and touchpoints
- Customize automations for various customer types and moments to drive both acquisition and retention
- Analyze & interpret email campaign performance, leverage insights to make proactive recommendations
- Weekly reporting to team and upper management
- Ability to report from multiple platforms including Google Analytics, Tableau, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Manage relationship with external agency to deploy emails
- Budget Management
- Maintain daily communication, align on weekly priorities
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business or Marketing field
- 3+ years experience managing email marketing program preferably in the sports and/or entertainment industry
- Strong understanding of CAN-SPAM, GDPR and CCPA policies
- Excellent copywriting, written and communication skills
- Experience working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and managing daily email campaigns
- Demonstrated success in managing high volume, integrated email marketing programs for consumer audiences
- Understanding of HTML and email design best practices across desktop, mobile, tablet
- Understanding of data privacy and security policies
- Proven experience building positive working relationships with external vendors and agencies; and working in internal cross-functional teams
- Strong task management capabilities to manage multiple tracks of work and requirements
- Fundamental knowledge of soccer, Sounders FC, and Major League Soccer
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Google Analytics
- CRM Expertise
- This position is remote for 2021, except for mandatory participation in all Sounders FC events and matchdays in accordance with applicable COVID-19 health policies.
- Some evening and weekend work will be required, including home and away matches.
- Employee must reside within Washington state upon date of hire.
- Employee must be able to facilitate own local travel.
- Must be fully vaccinated at the time of hire and follow all club and league COVID-19 protocols.
The physical demands reflective of the duties and work environment herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sounders FC is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs.
Sounders FC is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Please tell us how your unique background or life experience will enhance our club.
What are your salary expectations for this role?
Are you legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship?
Have you included a cover letter with your application? A cover letter is required to be considered for the role.