Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Seattle Sounders FC
Marketing: Database Marketing/Analytics
Job Title: Business Analyst
Department: Business Strategy & Development
Reports To: TBD
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
The 2016 MLS Cup champion Seattle Sounders FC is seeking a highly motivated, analytical individual to help support revenue generating efforts and further the club’s strategic objectives. The person in this role will be passionate about turning data into actionable insights in a fast-paced environment across different functional areas of the business.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical and analytical skills with competencies in creating, developing, implementing analytical modeling, CRM processes and overall database management. This role will be responsible for using data analysis to support Ticket Sales, Marketing, Corporate Partnerships and overall Business Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop expertise in Sounders FC’s business intelligence environment, including data ETL and query work.
· Develops and maintains internal business reporting. Provides, when necessary, analytical support when compiling reporting information. Evaluates and presents information in manner that will facilitate management’s understanding of the results and impact.
· Collaborates and works effectively with other departments including Ticket Sales, Service & Operations, Corporate Partnership, Finance/Accounting and Marketing to further develop reliable and meaningful reporting standards.
· Ensures the accuracy and uniformity of information being distributed across the organization. Works cooperatively with the appropriate departments to reconcile differences. Establish ongoing methods to maintain consistent and accurate reporting.
· Manages ongoing and develop additional business models including dynamic pricing, sales, retention and lead scoring.
· Maintains the integrity of the information database (timeliness and accuracy of data). Works both internally and with data warehouse vendor to develop ways to facilitate and automate access to and the functionality of historical data in the warehouse.
· Serves as an information resource to the organization on historical data and historic policies/practices.
· Supports the Marketing department in creation, deployment and analysis of customer research efforts.
· Works with Digital Media team to analyze all paid digital campaigns across social platforms to report on impressions, placements, and ROI. Creating digital campaign recaps, including analysis of organic social media posts, search and other digital efforts.
· Works with Content Marketing team to analyze and report on all email marketing efforts.
· Performs ad-hoc analysis as needed to answer specific business questions and produce actionable insights.
· Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, the person in this role must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or Mathematics degree preferred.
· Strong knowledge of regression analysis and other statistical tools/techniques required.
· Previous work experience in a similar function managing data sets and performing statistical analyses required.
· Previous experience with SQL.
· Proficiency with business intelligence software solution a plus (Tableau preferred).
· High proficiency with Excel required, including ability to build complex spreadsheet models, run pivots, v-lookups and other advanced functions.
· Experience with Marketing specific analysis preferred.
· Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong work ethic and high intellectual curiosity.
· Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM preferred.
· Ability to work extended days and holidays dependent on MLS schedule.
· Excellent cultural fit in alignment with the values of the organization and a prior history of community involvement desired.
This position functions primarily at the Sounders FC office in Seattle. Given the nature of the Sounders’ business, employee must be able to work during some evenings and weekends.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?