Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2019 Youth Soccer Camp Coach with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle, WA
Coaches will be required to follow and teach the specific curriculum as it pertains to each individual topic of the day. Coaches will be responsible for being educated on the Sounders FC Summer Camp coaching curriculum and have an ability to teach the curriculum to children in every age group. Coaching education will be provided at mandatory and paid orientation days.
Coaches are to assist the site director of each camp location in the day-to-day operations of each camp site, that includes but is not limited to, setting up camp drills, sorting equipment, checking kids into camp, distributing awards, and handing out supplies.
- Study and learn Sounders FC 2019 Summer Camp Curriculum
- Effectively carry out the lesson plans and teach the kids accordingly based on their age level
- Manage the kids at camp to keep them safe
- Keep an eye out for any potential elements of danger at camp site
- Keep the children under control and behaving in a manner to avoid injury
- Assist site director in setting up camp and closing camp each day
- Set up promotional material at youth camp locations
- Help sign children in and out of soccer camp
- Organize equipment each day
- Hand out prizes and awards
- Keep kids under control while site director is addressing the group
- Be cordial and respectful when dealing with parents at camp
- Direct any and all complaints to the site director in a calm and respectful manner
- 95% of the work will be done in an outdoor environment
- Must be able to work a minimum of 18 hours a week Monday through Friday
- Must be available to work a minimum of 6 weeks between June 24 and August 30
- Must be able to provide one's own transportation to local camp locations
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively and clearly with children
- Extremely punctual
- In-depth knowledge of the soccer, to effectively teach the sport to beginners
- Able to effectively demonstrate soccer specific technical abilities
- Ability to move and transport various types of soccer equipment
- Premier level soccer playing experience required
- College playing experience preferred but not required
- Experience in childcare preferred but not required
- Minimum “E” Coaching License or equivalent preferred but not required
- Must have or be willing to obtain CPR and First Aid Certificates
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?
Sounders FC hosts camps all over the greater Seattle area. Do you have a reliable means of transportation for getting to and from these various locations?
Sounders FC does not provide relocation assistance for this role. Do you either already live in, or have accommodation in, the greater Seattle area?