Manager, Supporter Relations - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose · CA)
San Jose Earthquakes jobs
Sports Jobs in San Jose · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event Guest Relations
The Manager, Supporter Relations will provide first-class customer service in all aspects of the job, develop excellent relationships with the leaders and members of the Earthquakes’ Supporters’ groups, identify areas of growth opportunities for the Earthquakes organization and its Supporters’ while also delivering customized communications, events, programs, and benefits to the team's most vibrant fans. During available times, this position will also assist with all aspects of events from the advance planning stages through the end of the event. They will supervise event related staff as well as coordinate with various vendors, set-up crews and other event related staff.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the leaders of the Earthquakes’ Supporters’ groups and the Earthquakes Front Office.
- Credibly and responsibly present oneself as the key "go to" person for all internal and external customers associated with the Earthquakes’ Supporters’ groups.
- Act as internal liaison to coordinate Supporters’ activities with appropriate staffs both home and away.
- Foster the growth and development of the individual supporters’ groups in a manner which enhances the gameday experience and achieves the objectives of each individual group’s mission and vision.
- Build strong relationships with the defined account base of Season Ticket Holders within the Supporters’ groups.
- Develop and execute customized programs, benefits and events for the Earthquakes’ Supporters’ groups and their members.
- Assist other Supporters’ groups and/or MLS contacts to coordinate all ticket sales and gameday needs for visiting supporters.
- Travel, as necessary and as mandated by MLS policy, to away matches and/or Supporters’ Summits.
- Work to provide a safe environment for away supporters through development of combined game day plans, including coordination of pre and post-game day travel.
- Working alongside Home and Visiting security teams
- Assisting with SG Season Tickets and Renewals
- Identify opportunities for up-sells, add-ons, and referral business from clients, and work with sales representatives to maximize revenue from existing customers.
- Ensure customer and account data and profile requirements are accurate and complete.
- Respond to all EQ and visiting fans regarding questions, comments, or concerns related to Earthquakes’ Supporters.
- Maintain a detailed database of touch points for each and every client.
Additional duties as needed:
- Other duties as assigned by the VP, Event Operations
- Coordinate with vendors and other internal departments for event planning.
- Support the design, planning, implementation, and coordination of events.
- Track, and organize equipment and other purchases.
- Supervise event setup and teardown.
- Assist with the standardization of event procedures and training of staff.
- Coordinate details for various events.
- Keep inventory of stadium event equipment and make repairs when necessary.
- Demonstrate leadership through words and actions.
- Possess an exceptional knowledge and understanding of the Supporters’ culture in MLS and around the world.
- Clearly understand gameday operations.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work outdoors in varying weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays based on event schedule.
- Must have the ability to work in extreme pressure situations.
- All other duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.