About the San Jose Earthquakes
The San Jose Earthquakes have a mission to establish our home as the epicenter of American soccer by uniting Northern California with big dreams, big hustle and big impact.
Who You Are
We are looking for people that want to hustle big.
Hustle: Having the desire to authentically connect people, willing to always show up for our fans, and having an innate pride in their work
Big: Devoted to quality in execution, don't be afraid to swing big, and owning the result
Guest Experience Representative (Part Time/Event Days Only)
Each Guest Experience Representative will report directly to the Manager, Guest Experience. They will serve as a front line representative entrusted in keeping Earthquakes Stadium safe and secure as well as helping to create positive memorable experiences for our Guests on Event Days. Pay Rate is $21.00/hr. Opportunity for monetary bonuses.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a front line representative assisting with guests and staff at all entry points of the Stadium
- Securing gates and access points to ensure guests do not enter without an appropriate ticket/credential
- Direct fans around facility, ensure safety of staff and guests and communicate stadium policies to guests. Work locations may be inside the stadium, outside the main gates and/or other duties as assigned
- Provide guidance and direction to guests entering the stadium through magnetometers, including examining containers/bags. Report escalated incidences to dispatch
- Receive training in guest evacuation procedures, procedural response to medical incidents and be knowledgeable in all procedures
- Recognize potential hazards and observe appropriate precautions with guests
- All staff must attend mandatory in-house/online training before the start of each season with monthly follow ups
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a diverse staff and fan base
- Experience communicating through fast-paced and sometimes stressful working environment
- Strong verbal communication skills (bilingual a plus)
- Must have the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and adapt to change
- Required to work every Quakes home game – shift generally starts 2.5 hours prior to kick-off
- Options to work additional stadium events as announced
- This position regularly requires the employee to stand for long periods of time (up to 4 or more hours) and walk upstairs and downstairs
- Nature of position requires the ability to lift a minimum 20 pounds
- Must have the ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations in and around the stadium
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.