Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Event Ambassador with San Jose Earthquakes in San Jose · CA
San Jose Earthquakes jobs
Sports Jobs in San Jose · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Usher/Ticket Taker
Position: Event Ambassador (Part Time/Event Days Only)
Summary: Each Event Ambassador will report directly to the Manager, Fan Experience. They will serve as a friendly, primary point of contact for Stadium patrons and will provide each fan with a positive customer service experience and enjoyable environment. Starting at $15.25/hr. Opportunity for monetary bonuses.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Usher – Act as a primary contact on game day for fans within your assigned section; greet fans with a smile and positive attitude, check tickets and direct fans around facility, answer questions, ensure safety of staff and fans, keep areas clear and clean, handle complaints and collect feedback, provide assistance to fans with special needs and support other event day staff.
- Guest Relations – Provide patrons with above-and-beyond service; greet fans with a smile & positive attitude, assist with lost and found, direct fans around facility, answer questions, provide wheelchair escorts, ensure safety of staff and fans, scan tickets for entry into the stadium, communicate stadium policies to fans, monitor seating areas as well as elevators and concourse, provide breaks to other part-time staff, handle complaints and collect feedback and support other event day staff. Work locations may be inside the stadium, outside the main gates and/or in the various parking lots.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a diverse staff and fan base
- Enthusiastic and friendly with a professional demeanor
- Must be mature and accustomed to working in a diverse environment
- Tenacious work ethic
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and adapt to change
- Required to work every Quakes home game – shift generally starts 2.5 hours prior to kick-off
- Required to work additional stadium events as announced
- This position regularly requires the employee to stand for long periods of time (up to 4 or more hours) and walk upstairs
- Nature of position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum 20 pounds
- Must have the ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations in the stadium and stadium parking lots as needed
How did you hear about this job?