About the San Jose Earthquakes
The San Jose Earthquakes have a mission to establish our home as the epicenter of American soccer by uniting Northern California with big dreams, big hustle and big impact. We are seeking an Earthquakes II Strength and Conditioning Coach who has excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as the ability to design, implement, and manage athletic strategies to enhance athletic performance.
Who You Are
We are looking for people that want to hustle big.
Hustle: Having the desire to authentically connect people, willing to always show up for our fans, and having an innate pride in their work
Big: Devoted to quality in execution, don’t be afraid to swing big, and owning the result
About the Position
The Earthquakes II Strength and Conditioning Coach holds the primary role and responsibility of managing the day-to-day strength and conditioning operations for the San Jose Earthquakes II Next Pro team. The coach holding this position will be an integral part of the preparation of athletes for athletic performance. In this capacity, the Earthquakes II Strength and Conditioning Coach will be responsible for design, implementation, and management athletic strategies. This position must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and work well in a team setting. The Earthquakes II Strength and Conditioning Coach works under the direction and supervision of the Director of Health Performance, 1st Team Strength and Conditioning Coach, Technical Director, and Earthquakes II Technical Staff.
Licenses or Certifications:
- CSCS OR CSCC Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Member of and in good standing with NSCA
- Current professional CPR and AED certification
- Minimum four (4) year Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Master's Degree in Exercise Science or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the field of Strength and Conditioning
- Soccer Strength and Conditioning Coach experience preferred
- Coach or previous experience working in youth sports
- Experience working with soccer players in a weight room setting
- Workload monitoring experience with GPS, Force Plate, and other related athletic monitoring platforms preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the day-to-day performance needs of all Earthquakes II team
- Design and implementation of the strength and conditioning programs, based on age, team, and individual athlete's needs
- Organize and input data for the athletic performance database to ensure accurate reporting of athlete progress and planning
- Coordinate athletic performance assessments for assigned teams and athletes
- Assist with the implementation and evaluation of Performance for all athletes
- Design and implementation of warm-up and recovery strategies for assigned teams
- Utilization of the gym for the delivery of strength training and performance education
- Communicate with team coaching staff regarding periodization planning and workload interventions
- Collaborate with the Sports Medicine Staff to co-develop sports-specific, return to play programming for players returning from injury
- Comply with all San Jose Earthquakes, MLS Next Pro, and U.S. soccer policies and protocols
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.