About the San Jose Earthquakes:
The San Jose Earthquakes have a mission to establish our home as the epicenter of American soccer by uniting Northern California with big dreams, big hustle, and big impact.
Who You Are:
We are looking for people that want to hustle big.
Hustle: Having the desire to authentically connect people, willing to always show up for our fans, and having an innate pride in their work.
Big: Devoted to quality in all aspects of the job, not afraid to swing big, and own the result.
The Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach holds the primary role and responsibility of managing the day-to-day strength and conditioning operations for the San Jose Earthquakes development Academy teams. The coach holding this position will be an integral part of the preparation of our developmental Academy athletes for athletic performance. In this capacity, the Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach will be responsible for design, implementation, and management of long-term athletic development strategies in addition to daily physical preparation strategies, including workload management and activation exercises. This position must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and work well in a team setting. The Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach works under the direction and supervision of the Director of Health and Performance, Head of Physical Performance, and Technical Director.
Licenses or Certifications
- CSCS OR CSCC Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Member of and in good standing with NSCA
- Current professional CPR & AED certification
- Minimum four (4) year bachelor’s degree
- Preferred Master’s degree in Exercise Science or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of Strength and Conditioning
- Strength and Conditioning Coach soccer experience preferred
- Coached or previous experience working in youth sports
- Experience working with youth in a weight room setting
- Workload monitoring experience with GPS, Force Plate, and related athlete monitoring platforms preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the day-to-day performance needs of all Academy teams
- Design and implementation of the strength and conditioning programs-based age, team, and individual athlete’s needs.
- Organize and input data for the athletic performance database to ensure accurate reporting of athlete progress and planning.
- Coordinate athletic performance assessments for assigned teams and athletes.
- Assist with the implementation and evaluation of Performance for all athletes.
- Design and implementation warm-up and recovery strategies for assigned teams.
- Utilization of gym for delivery of strength training and performance education.
- Communicate with team coaching staff regarding workload periodization planning and interventions.
- Collaborate with the Sports Medicine Staff to develop sports-specific, return to play programming for players returning from injury.
- Collaborate with Health and Performance staff on the delivery of nutritional support for Academy athletes and teams.
- Comply with all San Jose Earthquakes, MLS, and US Soccer policies and protocols.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000 +
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.