PTFC Camp Coach - Portland Timbers (Portland · OR)
The PTFC Camp Coach is responsible for developing the soccer skills of youth campers at PTFC Camps. The Camp Coach supervises campers aged 5-13, ensuring their safety, development, growth, and general well-being.
- Come to camp prepared to teach your assigned skills/sessions
- Arrive 45 minutes before camp begins
- Assist the Camp Director with setting up and taking down equipment each day
- Engage with campers before and after camp
- Follow and support the Camp Director’s instructions and schedule throughout the week
- Complete evaluations or certificates for each camper in your group
- Closely follow and uphold all COVID-19 guidelines and safety protocols
- Be available to work our Fall camps on: October 8th, November 5th, November 11th, and November 22-24th.
- Provide support to other departments within the Portland Timbers/Thorns organization in regards to additional coaching opportunities/events
- Communicate feedback or areas for improvement to camp coordinator
- Previous Soccer Experience (Playing, Coaching, Team Management)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience working with children and pre-teens
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and pay close attention to details and directions given by director
- Act as a leader for campers and community
- Ability to transport yourself to and from camp locations
- Ability to work actively in an outdoor setting for the duration of your event
- Coaching education
- High school graduate
The Portland Timbers enter their 11th season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2021. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an iconic downtown Portland stadium reopened for the 2019 season following a sparkling, $85 million transformation that increased capacity to 25,218. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015 and advanced to a second MLS Cup in 2018, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of more than 160 games entering the 2020 season.
Describe your soccer experience – how long have you played? How long have you coached?
What coaching license do you currently hold?
Are you comfortable being outside for extended periods of time?
Do you reside in Oregon, or SW Washington?
Why do you want to coach for the Timbers and Thorns youth programs?