Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Paid Seasonal Internship- Events and Promotions with Portland Timbers in Portland · OR
As an intern with PTFC, you will have the distinct opportunity to be part of our 2020 MLS Season. Selection for an internship will be made based on applicable skills, experience and area(s) of education. Be sure to clearly demonstrate your skills, experience and area(s) of interest in your application. Duration of internships will be based on performance and/or business needs.
- Execute various tasks at each home Timbers and Thorns match: assist with pre-game groups, halftime promotions, and post-game elements
- Assist the Events and Promotions team during weekday office hours by prepping for future matches and working on various projects
- Assist the Events and Promotions team with our Street team: schedule events, schedule staff, and prep for events
- Assist the Events and Promotions team with our Pub Program: coordinate logistics with pubs for away match viewing parties
- Keep updated inventory information of our promotional items
- Professionalism: you must represent the Club in a professional manner at onsite and off-site events (match days, away game viewing parties, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize projects and multitask
- Ability to work well independently, with a team and/or with clients
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn and enjoy the opportunity
- Education or experience in marketing, communications, sport management, or event production/promotions
- Flexible schedule during the season with availability to work weekdays, weekends, and/or holidays: must be able to work 75% of all home matches
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their 10th season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2020. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an iconic downtown Portland stadium reopened for the 2019 season following a sparkling, $85 million transformation that increased capacity to 25,218. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015 and advanced to a second MLS Cup in 2018, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of more than 160 games entering the 2020 season.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary? Yes/No
Do you have experience in event production/promotions or game presentation? If so, please briefly explain.
In less than 100 words, please explain why this internship appeals to you.
In less than 100 words, please describe your skills and experience as it relates to this internship.