Guest Services Attendant with Portland Timbers in Portland · OR
Guest Attendants act as the primary providers of Five-Star service as they greet and direct guests as they enter and attend stadium events. Guest Attendants assist with bar code ticket entry, usher guests to their seats, watch exit doors, work parking lots, bike parking, hospitality areas, and generally assist guests with answers to their questions and directions. While working at an assigned position, Guest Attendants personally engage in conversation with guests, making them feel comfortable and welcome in a friendly atmosphere. Guest Attendants are responsible for ensuring the safety of guests and that company procedures are being followed by guests to ensure a fan-friendly experience for all.
- Greet guests and scan guest tickets.
- Act as screen to ensure contraband items do not enter the building.
- Distribute hand-outs at ingress, egress, and during the event as needed.
- Aid guests in finding their seats in the seating bowl.
- Direct guests to services such as concessions, merchandise, ATM’s, and restrooms.
- Must be able to use proper judgment and make guest-friendly decisions with little supervision.
- Constantly monitor guest seating area to ensure safety regulations are being kept and that guest conduct is in compliance with acceptable norms.
- Document all guest related incidents.
- Perform crowd control functions during events as needed.
- Act as a member of the emergency evacuation team.
- Assist special needs guest with entering and exiting the building, and perform wheelchair escorts.
- Monitor parking lot and bike parking areas.
- Duties are performed outside under varying weather and temperature conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Guest Attendants work all Timbers and Thorns soccer matches and the opportunity to work special events as needed at the stadium.
- Equipment used will consist of:
- Bar Code Scanner
- Radio Equipment
- Experience in customer service helpful. Outgoing and friendly personality required. Ability to work independently and remain flexible a must.
- Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English. Spanish is a plus.
- Must meet company-grooming and appearance standards.
- Must be able to complete written incident reports clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Phone interviews will begin on January 6th 2020
How did you hear about this job?
Are you available to work on weekends, evenings and holidays?
Are you comfortable being in large crowds or groups of people?
Are you physically able to scan and read tickets?
Are you able to walk up and down long aisles of cement stairs in all types of weather?
Are you able to stand on concrete for long periods of time?
Do you understand that not all positions are in view of the match—You may be assigned to positions at the gates, in hallways or outer concourses, in parking lots or outside the stadium?
What is the earliest time of the day that you would be available to work?
Do you understand that this is a part-time, seasonal position and that the number of hours are not guaranteed?
Are you currently seeking full-time employment?
Do you understand that you must be available for ALL of the Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns matches?
We will supply you with a uniform shirt and jacket. Are you able to provide you own shoes, socks, pants/shorts that are in accordance with the department’s uniform standards?