Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Game Day Staff with Portland Timbers in Portland · OR
- Assist with game day operations for each match: set up all necessary spaces for pre-game groups, sort and distribute all uniforms for pre-game groups, coordinate on-field flag displays, etc.
- Coordinate the movement of pre-game groups: escort to/from stadium entry points and field as necessary
- Execute and assist with on-field promotions during halftime and post-game when applicable
- Execute sponsorship activations in and around Providence Park
- Assist with large-scale events as needed outside of normal game day responsibilities (i.e. kit launches, team galas, Rose City Road Trip, etc.)
- Execute and attend off-site Street Team events, including Pub Parties, when needed/necessary
- Education or experience in marketing, communications, sport management, or event production/promotion
- Ability to problem solve in a timely manner
- Flexible schedule during the season with availability to work weekdays, weekends, and/or holidays: must be able to work 75% of all home matches
- Self-starter that can be given a task and will take ownership for the successful execution on itAbility to think critically and outside the box
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their 10th season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2020. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an iconic downtown Portland stadium reopened for the 2019 season following a sparkling, $85 million transformation that increased capacity to 25,218. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015 and advanced to a second MLS Cup in 2018, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of more than 160 games entering the 2020 season.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary? Yes/No
Do you have experience in event production/promotions or game presentation? If so, please briefly explain.
Do you consider yourself a problem-solver? Yes/No
Do you consider yourself a detail-oriented person? Yes/No