Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Assistant Athletic Trainer with Portland Timbers in Portland · OR
- Regular meetings with the Performance staff, Physical Therapist, and sports medicine staff to review injuries, treatments, and return to play procedures
- Develop relationships with the Portland Timbers physicians and communicate with them on an as needed basis regarding players injuries
- Enforce team and league rules applicable to the team’s players and/or coaching staff
- Reviews and evaluates physician's referrals and athletes’ records to determine rehabilitation/treatment requirements
- Performs athlete tests, measurements and evaluations and record findings to aid in developing and/or revising specifics of the treatment program or training program to augment performance
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Performance staff, sports medicine staff, and physicians (as needed), on a daily basis about athletes’ physical limitations, modifications, return to play protocols, and precautions to ensure safe and effective training at the highest level
- Administers appropriate treatment as indicated
- Instructs, motivates, and assists athletes to achieve individual and team goals
- Screens all athletes utilizing FMS, SFMA and EXOS YBT UQ/ LQ screening, and Sparta Force Plate process to determine training readiness and safety
- Utilizes screening information to develop prehabilitation protocol and further evaluation and interventions if needed
- Appropriately supervises interns and students or support staff in providing athlete care and performance of their job responsibilities
- Records athletes treatment, response, and progress daily within the club’s documentation format
- Updates treatment plan and/or re-evaluates athletes as needed to ensure optimal outcome
- Help coordinate and record all medical appointments, as needed, related to injuries with outside medical support staff, including but not limited to orthopedic and internal medicine doctors
- Develop strong relationships with Timbers medical doctors, Providence Medical contacts, dental, chiropractic and massage personnel
- Complete necessary workers compensation billing in a timely manner, as needed
- Maintain adequate training/medical supplies (including Advocare, water, etc.)
- Maintain cleanliness of training room and all equipment
- Complete the necessary league and organizational paperwork when required. This includes liability-protecting waivers for all players, trialists, tryouts, etc.
- Treat all players appropriately and promptly
- Actively collaborate with the performance staff, sports medicine staff to execute and monitor return to play protocols.
- Comply with all MLS medical policies, protocol and game operations manual
- All other duties that may be assigned
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer
- In good standing with NATABOC and a member of the NATA (or CATA)
- State License in the state in which the team calls home, if required by the state
- Current professional CPR certification
- FMS certification
- SFMA certification
- Display superb organizational skills
- Possess personal professional liability insurance
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum four (4) year college/university Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training or Health-Related Field
- Master’s Degree in related health care field
- Minimum three (3) years certified athletic trainer experience in a sports environment, preferably with professional soccer or other professional team sports
About Us: The Portland Timbers entered their ninth season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2019. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an iconic downtown Portland stadium reopened for the 2019 season following a sparkling, $85 million transformation that increased capacity to 25,218. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015 and advanced to a second MLS Cup in 2018, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of more than 140 games entering the 2019 season.
Peregrine Sports LLC., is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a current Timbers/Thorn employee? If yes, who?
Would you be willing to relocate to the Portland area and be 100% committed if you are offered this position?
Have you worked for a sports team before? If so, which team?
Are you available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays?