Staff Accountant - Philadelphia Union (Chester · PA)
Philadelphia Union jobs
Sports Jobs in Chester · PA
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Philadelphia was awarded the 16th Major League Soccer franchise in February, 2008 and the team was officially announced as the Philadelphia Union in May, 2009. Owned and operated by Keystone Sports and Entertainment LLC (“KSE”), the group launched the Philadelphia Union's inaugural season in 2010 and opened what is now Subaru Park in June, 2010. Subaru Park is an 18,500 seat, world-class soccer specific stadium that sits beautifully along the Delaware River at the base of the Commodore Barry Bridge and is only 15 miles from downtown Philadelphia. The club has reached the finals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup in 2014, 2015 and 2018, and has appeared in the MLS Cup Playoffs in 2011, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, and hosted the Eastern Conference Final in 2021. In 2020, the Union were awarded the club’s first Supporters’ Shield after finishing with the best regular season record in MLS.
Philadelphia Union’s culture and brand positioning of Young, Fearless, Challengers differentiates us from others and focuses our vision to be unafraid and defy the ordinary. KSE is relentlessly pursuing excellence both on and off the field and will lead the way, set the standards and share the glory. Our connection to Philadelphia is symbolized in the Club’s crest as the snake, colors, shield, slogan and thirteen stars all represent Philadelphia as the original capital city and its call to action during the American Revolution.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This position is responsible for overseeing the monthly accounting close process of the Company in addition to providing support in other areas of the department. The ideal candidate is familiar with all aspects of accounting, has a strong desire to learn and grow within the department to expand to other areas of additional responsibility. The candidate should be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Oversee monthly accounting functions including preparation of journal entries and entry/posting into accounting system.
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
- Prepare, review, and analyze account reconciliations.
- Consult and liaise with other departments and third parties, especially regarding accounting issues to review and resolving discrepancies.
- Lead preparation of game day flash reporting and create additional ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly reporting packages, including analysis of current actual results to prior period actual results for use in internal and external reporting.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual league reporting requirements.
- Assist with preparation of non-profit 501(c)(3) financials and reporting.
- Assist in the accounting, analysis and budgeting of various accounts in coordination with FP&A.
- Assist in the annual external audit process.
- Assist with other accounting specific functions as needed.
- Assist with other accounting and administrative functions as directed by management.
- Assist with other treasury, accounting and finance functions as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting/finance.
- One to two years of prior accounting work experience in accounting is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong work ethic, team-oriented attitude, and enthusiastic about contributing to the success of the organization and department.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results-oriented demeanor and a strong desire to succeed.
- Strong computer skills including high level knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics SL and XLstatements software preferred, but not required.
- Candidate must have the flexibility to work at games and events in evenings and on weekends.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, Rx and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, Disability, merchandise discount, 24/7 Fitness Center, on-site café, and much more! We have created a hybrid office schedule to allow working from home on Mondays and Fridays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.