Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Philadelphia Union Academy-Operations Coordinator
Philadelphia Union Academy
Player Operations: Team Administration/Operations
Youth development is the core of our mission and the heart of our passion. The Philadelphia Union Academy program is free of charge so Philadelphia’s future players of promise have an opportunity to pursue their passions without the burden of paying to play. Selection into the program is a true accomplishment and the major step in a player’s path to Talen Energy Stadium.
The innovative Philadelphia Union Academy program is deeply based in sport science and performance and follows best practices in coaching education. It includes two developmental levels: Union Juniors Pre-Academy (U8-U11), and the Union Academy (U12-U19). At all ages, our players are asked to lead by example and embrace the ethos and culture of Philadelphia Union.
The Philadelphia Union Academy was established after studying the models of the most innovative and successful soccer clubs worldwide, Philadelphia Union set about implementing a holistic developmental platform integrating world-class player training and sport science for the youth soccer players of the Greater Philadelphia region.
The Philadelphia Union Academy is the renowned soccer platform providing an opportunity for the youngest players to develop a passion for the game, or for an elite academy player on the cusp of professional stardom to pursue excellence, all in the same enriching and nurturing environment. Philadelphia Union Academy has one of the most qualified and skilled staffs in North America, featuring sport science, sports psychology, and athletic development training as important resources. The program is overseen by UEFA A Licensed Academy Director Tommy Wilson, with UEFA A License Iain Munro directing the Pre-Academy. The Philadelphia Union Academy is based out of YSC Sports in Wayne, PA, and features an innovative, first-of-its-kind soccer specific independent school partner, YSC Academy.
The Philadelphia Union Academy is looking to add a hardworking, resourceful and motivated individual to support our operations team.
The Academy Operations Coordinator will be responsible for providing, with direction from the Academy Director and Director of Operations, effective administration of Philadelphia Union Academy’s day-to-day operational and administrative needs, including but not limited to administering Union Academy registrations, travel logistics, game day needs, oversight of SAP system, and data management.
- Implement and oversee the transportation plan for YSC Academy and Union Academy that manages transportation to and from Bethlehem Steel training sessions, Academy practices, and other transportation needs.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Philadelphia Union Academy Director.
- Oversee equipment and team operations for home and away games in collaboration with Equipment Manager to complete and manage all apparel and equipment needs.
- Oversee ordering, inventory, preparation, and distribution of all equipment for Academy staff and players, adhering to budget parameters set forth by YSC CFO.
- Manage Philadelphia Union Academy Residency program invoicing, paperwork, and travel; arrange house parent meetings and respond to issues in a timely fashion.
- Maintain SAP database with accurate player contact and training information adhering to MLS Homegrown requirements.
- Manage administration and logistics of Philadelphia Union Academy team and staff travel, including but not limited to: hotels, buses, van rentals, airfare, and meals, within budget parameters set forth by YSC CFO and Academy Director.
- Provide general oversight for match day operations adhering to requirements set forth by US Soccer.
- Ensure completion of all registration and player paperwork for the Academy, including but not limited to Coaches, Development Academy players and NPL, and foreign athlete immigration.
- Effectively communicate to all Union Academy families regarding game day expectations, travel itineraries and requirements, and any additional schedule or organizational updates
- Ability to thrive in a demanding environment while multi-tasking projects across various stakeholders; be a team player.
- Highly organized and process-driven individual, with ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Effective and efficient communicator, both in written and oral capacities.
- Must be able to work weekends or holidays as directed.
- Experience in or knowledge of soccer industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Problem solver with “can-do” attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
If selected for a position with the Philadelphia Union the individual will be required to provide the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years. If you have been a continuous resident of PA for the last 10 years, you may affirm in writing that you have no other convictions that would disqualify employment.
How did you hear about this job?