Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Philadelphia Union Academy Athletic Development Coach with Philadelphia Union in Wayne · PA
Philadelphia Union jobs
Sports Jobs in Wayne · PA
Player Operations: Strength and Conditioning
The Athletic Development/Strength & Conditioning Coach is an Academy Performance position within Philadelphia Union Academy.
This position reports to the Philadelphia Union Academy Director and Director of Performance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other Academy Performance Staff in daily work office, administration, data management, logistics, etc.
- Implement the athletic development/strength & conditioning programming as directed by the Director of Performance
- Lead game day and team training activations/warm-ups and cool downs
- Track and document training progress for all athletes
- Administer performance testing, track data, and produce testing reports
- Execute the Academy Reconditioning/Return to Play model
- Assist with any other athletic development protocols and activities
- Deliver small group and/or individual movement and activation exercises
- Implement monitoring and assessment interventions as required
- Ensure the cleanliness and hygiene of the weight room environment is maintained within the facility
- Act in an interdisciplinary role with other technical areas as required
- Work with all Union Academy team’s U12 to U19 Academy, as well as Philadelphia Union MLS and USL sides
- Job requires weekend work and frequent travel
Key Competencies Required:
- Highly organized and process-driven individual, with ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Performance or Strength and Conditioning field (Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Physiology, Biomechanics, etc.)
- Minimum one (1) year experience strength & conditioning coaching, on the field and in the gym
- Candidates must possess or be able to obtain within 120 days of hire their CSCS, CSCCa, or another internationally recognized certification
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Previous experience in soccer highly desirable, but not mandatory
- Previous exposure with Professional Athletes and/or High Performance settings preferred
- Ability to communicate and work well in team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Two (2) or more years experience with coaching strength & conditioning programs, on the field and in the gym, notably with elite youth athletes
- Masters degree
If selected for this position the individual will be required to provide the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
*Flexible schedule required to successfully complete job requirements, including nights, weekends and holidays*
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?