Mascot- Part-Time - Philadelphia Union (CHESTER · PA)
Philadelphia Union jobs
Sports Jobs in CHESTER · PA
Do your friends describe you as “energetic and entertaining”? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity to for you! The Philadelphia Union is seeking an outgoing, and energetic individual to fulfill appearance requests around the community. The Philadelphia Union Mascot will engage with members of the public in the community to promote the sport of soccer, increase traffic to Subaru Park, and create a more memorable experience for fans. We want someone to bring our mascot to life!
This position provides a great opportunity to interact with fans and to learn about the operations of a professional sports team by working outside events. Applicants must be willing to interact with the public and be comfortable around children and crowds. If you like to make people smile, dance, and play your way through work…this is where you start!
- Serve as a part-time performer for the Philadelphia Union Mascot, while representing the Philadelphia Union at several designated appearances including but not limited to Union events, hospital visits, school visits, soccer clinics, watch parties, sponsor events, charitable events and other various events throughout the year.
- Act as a brand ambassador for the Philadelphia Union while properly representing the organization in a professional manner at all times.
- Create memorable experiences by greeting fans, energizing the crowd, and more.
- Maintain effective working relationships with community members of all ages and abilities as well as Philadelphia Union staff and external contacts.
- Maintain an animated personality with good interpersonal communication skills and creativity.
- Assist with the marketing and scheduling of the mascot program to generate revenue within company guidelines.
- Responsible for transportation and parting to and from games and events, unless otherwise notified.
- Conduct costume maintenance including cleaning, minor repairs and other basic upkeep.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous mascot experience is required.
- Due to costume restrictions, candidate must be between 5’7” - 5’11” and weigh between 140 lbs.-200 lbs.
- Punctuality is mandatory.
- Must be available to work office hours.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have a knowledge of soccer and basic soccer skills.
- Must have own, reliable transportation.
- Must be highly energetic, communicative, and athletic.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Willingness to be trained and coached.
- Ability to interact with and entertain groups of all ages.
If selected the following PA clearances are required:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you have previous Mascot experience?