Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Manager, Community Relations & Philadelphia Union Foundation with Philadelphia Union in Chester · PA
Philadelphia Union jobs
Sports Jobs in Chester · PA
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Philadelphia was awarded the 16th Major League Soccer franchise in February, 2008 and the team was officially announced as the Philadelphia Union in May, 2009. Owned and operated by Keystone Sports and Entertainment LLC (“KSE”), the group launched the Philadelphia Union's inaugural season in 2010 and opened Talen Energy Stadium in June, 2010. Talen Energy Stadium is an 18,500 seat, world-class soccer specific stadium that sits beautifully along the Delaware River at the base of the Commodore Barry Bridge and is only 15 miles from downtown Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Union’s culture and brand positioning of Young, Fearless, Challengers differentiates us from others and focuses our vision to be unafraid and defy the ordinary. KSE is relentlessly pursuing excellence both on and off the field and will lead the way, set the standards and share the glory. Our connection to Philadelphia is symbolized in the Club’s crest as the snake, colors, shield, slogan and thirteen stars all represent Philadelphia as the original capital city and its call to action during the American Revolution.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Reporting to the Executive Director, Philadelphia Union Foundation & Community Relations, the Manager, Community Relations & Philadelphia Union Foundation will lead community relations efforts, support the Philadelphia Union Foundation and manage game day duties.
- Support the Executive Director in serving as the face of Philadelphia Union Community Relations internally and externally
- Build relationships with community leaders, community relations peers at other local teams and Union corporate partners
- Lead on effective distribution of any complimentary ticket allocation creating a program that results in high attendance rates
- Support the Executive Director in ideating and budgeting community platforms across MLS WORKS initiatives: Sustainability (incl. Greener Goals); Soccer For All (incl. Special Olympics); Kick Childhood Cancer; Partner programs (incl. Community MVP); Youth Enrichment (incl. Anti-Bullying); Big Events (incl. All Star game); MLS Cup Legacy Project. Lead execution of such projects
- Lead in developing the Philadelphia Union Community Relations new U-Serve initiative for 2020
- Lead and host one-off projects with special guests as they arise such as Make A Wish Foundation, field trips etc.
- Manage the Community Relations calendar and monthly newsletter
- Oversee donation request process
- Handle all requests from partners within the community
- Supervision of Community Relations intern
- Support the PUF Executive Director in serving as the face of Philadelphia Union Foundation internally and externally
- Assist the PUF Executive Director in executing PUF special events (incl. Soccer Legends Gala dinner & DOOP Cup golf outing)
- Lead in executing PUF activations across several platforms (incl. CHS soccer, Youth Programming, Mini-pitch build & Unity Cup)
- Lead with one-off PUF projects as they arise such as Shining Star Awards, PAL Awards etc.
- Attend PUF Board meetings, take minutes & prepare slides
- Manage the Philadelphia Union Foundation calendar and monthly newsletter
- Oversee donation request process
- Handle all requests from Philadelphia Union board members & partners
Game Day Responsibilities
- Manage the gameday 50/50 raffle
- Laundry, staffing, scheduling, winner paperwork, post-match reports
- Money counting, handling issues with money and devices during the game
- Manage the Hometown Hero recognition:
- Outreach to USO & hometown hero
- Writing PA read
- Liaise with game day operations
- Manage special visitors as they arise
- Master's Degree preferred, in sports management, marketing, business administration or related field
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Possess solid decision-making and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects with high attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, as required
If selected for this position with the Philadelphia Union, the following clearances are required prior to employment:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, Rx and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, Disability, a merchandise discount, 24/7 Fitness Center, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?