Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Event Operations Intern (Summer 2020) with Philadelphia Union in Chester · PA
Philadelphia Union jobs
Sports Jobs in Chester · PA
As the Event Operations Intern, you will be responsible for executing Philadelphia Union events including but not limited to: Grassroots Marketing events, Corporate Sponsorship events, soccer schools and all Union home games. The ideal candidate is a confident, hard-working, and innovative college or graduate- level student who is interested in an obtaining practical experience in the world of professional sports. Through this internship, interns will be introduced to the behind-the-scenes operations of Talen Energy Stadium prior to and during Philadelphia Union home games and other events, such as The U on Tour.
Internships with Philadelphia Union will provide qualified interns with an assortment of valuable learning experiences and exposure to all facets of a professional soccer team’s front office. This internship will provide hands on experience where your work will truly impact our organization. It is a fast-paced, exciting environment that will provide valuable, professional skill development, observation as well as networking opportunities. Interns will be asked to work some nights and weekends.
- Execute all grassroots marketing events including set up and breakdown
- Assist in the promotion of Philadelphia Union events through collateral drops
- Assist with additional promotional events as needed
- Attend all College Brand Manager sessions
- Work all Philadelphia Union home games
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Duties and events to be assigned with other departments as needed
*This is an unpaid, academic internship. To be considered, you must be receiving academic credit*
If selected for an internship with the Philadelphia Union the intern will be required to provide the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years. If you have been a continuous resident of PA for the last 10 years, you may affirm in writing that you have no other convictions that would disqualify employment.
How did you hear about this job?
When are you available to start?
When would you end?
Are you aware this is an unpaid, academic internship?
Will you receive academic credit for this internship?
How many hours could work per week?