Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Digital Intern with Philadelphia Union Academy in Chester, PA
Philadelphia Union Academy jobs
Sports Jobs in Chester, PA
Communications/Community Relations: Media Manager
Digital Marketing and Photography Intern for Philadelphia Union Academy
As the Digital Marketing and Photography Intern for Philadelphia Union’s academy, you will take major responsibility for developing and maintaining digital coverage of Philadelphia Union’s academy teams. Based out of Wayne, PA, the Union academy includes pre-academy teams up through Under-19 age group teams. Matches typically take place on Saturdays at YSC in Wayne, PA.
Primary responsibilities: Home matchday coverage of Philadelphia Union’s academy, including photography, mobile video, interviews, and written work. As such, candidates must have photography and photo editing skills.
Secondary responsibilities: Develop stories on Union academy coaches and players. These stories may become digital video series or written pieces for web and social media. Additionally, candidates for this position may assist with digital and web coverage of Philadelphia Union’s first team and USL affiliate Bethlehem Steel (currently based in Philadelphia) including off-season events and projects.
Candidates will have opportunities to develop social media strategy, video editing, motion graphics design, web coding, and grassroots marketing skills if they have interest in any of those areas.
Applicants should be familiar with Microsoft Office and have a working knowledge of soccer and experience with social media platforms. Adobe suite skills preferred.
Internships with Philadelphia Union will provide qualified interns with an assortment of valuable learning experiences and exposure to all facets of a professional soccer team’s front office. Interns will be asked to work nights and weekends.
- Matchday coverage of Philadelphia Union’s academy teams, based out of Wayne, PA
- Photography and photo editing
- Writing/editing skills
- Work on larger scale social media campaigns
- Assist in updating and editing content on PhiladelphiaUnion.com
- Duties and events to be assigned with other departments as needed
- *This is an unpaid, academic internship. To be considered, you must be receiving academic credit*
- If selected for an internship with the Philadelphia Union the intern will be required to provide the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years. If you have been a continuous resident of PA for the last 10 years, you may affirm in writing that you have no other convictions that would disqualify employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?