Title: Sports Science Data Analyst
Department: Sports Performance
Reports to: Director of Physiology and Sports Science
Position Summary: The Sports Science Data Analyst is responsible for the collection, coordination, and analysis of data within the Physiology/Performance department. Including but not limited to training, game ,physiology, performance, and similar such data. The position that will report to the Director of Physiology and Sports Science.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, oversees, and coordinates the data analysis of all Physiology/Performance data for both MLS and Academy entities.
- Develop in-house data analysis and reporting tools for the purpose of player profiling.
- Produces statistical analysis for the coaching staff and works with coaches to assist in the evaluation of players.
- Assists in player profiling through reports and statistical analysis.
- Performs routine technology maintenance as needed.
- Researches and assesses new statistical analysis methods and technology, and makes recommendations for new equipment and process enhancements, as appropriate.
- Performs other projects as assigned.
- Degree in computer science, math, data science or related field or a combination of education and 1-2 years experience in statistical analysis and report production applications.
- Knowledge of soccer with previous similar experience strongly preferred.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and comply with HIPPA regulations.
- Bilingual is a plus.
About Orlando City SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC re-launched OCB to bridge the gap between its successful youth academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL). The Pride began league play in 2016 bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time. As part of the preeminent Orlando City Soccer Club, the Pride joined Orlando City SC of Major League Soccer and Orlando City B of USL League One. In 2017, the Pride and Orlando City SC moved its home matches into Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium located in the heart of downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the Central Florida region and a roster composed of renowned international talent that includes Champions League winners, Women’s World Cup champions, Olympic gold medalists and some of the best global talent in all of soccer, Orlando City SC and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes and innovative business operations.
Orlando City SC is committed to setting the global standard for professional soccer teams and is guided by the following principles:
TO BRING OUR COMMUNITY TOGETHER, CREATE LASTING MEMORIES, AND FUEL PASSION FOR SOCCER.
BE THE ENVY OF OUR LEAGUE THROUGH PERFORMANCE, RELEVANCY, AND ENTERPRISE VALUE.
ENTERTAIN, UNIFY, AND INSPIRE OUR COMMUNITY THROUGH PASSIONATE SOCCER & SERVICE.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.