Soccer Operations Intern - Orlando City SC (Orlando · FL)
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Title: Soccer Operations Intern
Department: Soccer Operations
Reports to: Team Administrators
Reports to: Team Administrators
Notes: Intern must be able to receive academic credit for this internship
Internship Program Summary: Orlando City Soccer Club interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture, and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include public relations, gameday operations, business, or the internal working of the Club), to further supplement academic knowledge with practical experience.
Position Summary: Orlando City seeks highly motivated individuals capable of assisting in the operation of the Club’s overall team administration, operations, player fulfillment, and equipment. Selected interns will work under the close supervision of the Team Administrators assisting on a variety of critical activities in support of Orlando City, Orlando City U23 and Development Academy. Soccer Operations Interns will have the opportunity to supplement classroom instruction and gain practical and valuable learning experiences in a variety of roles, broadening their knowledge of all the facets of team operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gain an understanding of team administrative and operational tasks including team travel, team logistics, and player support.
- Acquire skills in special assignments including but not limited to scheduling, data collection and entry, printing, or shipping.
- Assist staff in other departments with various administrative and operational tasks as needed.
- Rotate between roles within Soccer Operations to gain a variety of work experience.
- Learn how to work with coaching staff to set up and take down drills during training,
- Gain experience in preparation for home and away matches, including packing and unpacking, locker room set up/break-down, and player needs.
- Support in the logistics of any game day preparation and execution needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in sports business, management, or a related field. Candidates must be able to receive credit for participating in our internship program.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Maintaining highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment is required.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
- Possess a positive, engaging, and professional personality.
- Strong understanding and passion for the sport of soccer is preferred.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours in nontraditional settings, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Willingness to abide by strict team wide COVID guidelines at work and in their everyday life
About Orlando City SC
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC re-launched OCB to bridge the gap between its successful youth academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL). The Pride began league play in 2016 bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time. As part of the preeminent Orlando City Soccer Club, the Pride joined Orlando City SC of Major League Soccer and Orlando City B of USL League One. In 2017, the Pride and Orlando City SC moved its home matches into Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium located in the heart of downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the Central Florida region and a roster composed of renowned international talent that includes Champions League winners, Women’s World Cup champions, Olympic gold medalists and some of the best global talent in all of soccer, Orlando City SC and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes and innovative business operations.
Orlando City SC is committed to setting the global standard for professional soccer teams and is guided by the following principles:
TO BRING OUR COMMUNITY TOGETHER, CREATE LASTING MEMORIES, AND FUEL PASSION FOR SOCCER.
BE THE ENVY OF OUR LEAGUE THROUGH PERFORMANCE, RELEVANCY, AND ENTERPRISE VALUE.
ENTERTAIN, UNIFY, AND INSPIRE OUR COMMUNITY THROUGH PASSIONATE SOCCER & SERVICE.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Are you able to receive academic credit for this relationship?