Department: Strategy & Analytics
Reports To: Senior Director of Strategy & Analytics
FLSA: Salaried, Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
The Business Intelligence Manager is a key component of both the Strategy & Analytics group and the
company overall. The role is primarily responsible for leading the design, development, and distribution
of data analysis, modeling, reporting and insights across the organization. The role engages with
multiple internal stakeholders in order to provide accurate, timely data and help direct strategy for
primarily the Ticket Sales, Member Services and Ticket Operations departments – as well as
Marketing, Brand Alliances and other departments within the organization.
The Business Intelligence Manager will monitor project execution and ensure clear insights to risks
and opportunities are promptly communicated. The ideal candidate will be able to understand, guide,
and innovate methods and procedures at a high level, while also understanding the nuts and bolts of
what is going into models and reports. Furthermore, the position will be responsible for managing,
coaching, and developing a full time Consumer Intelligence Analyst.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead analytics for the business, including: predictive modeling, forecasting, dynamic pricing, inventory management, customer profiling, segmentation, and other quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to develop and deploy analytics tools and data science approaches to analyze large data sets
- Develop and maintain business intelligence infrastructure and integrations while adhering to data management best practices
- Seek ways to automate data collection and report generation
- Support internal departments with data, reporting and process improvement
- Champion data-driven decision making across business units
- Determine current and future needs while developing near and long-term data strategies
- Develop and assist business implementation of best practices in strategy and analytic functions to help increase revenues (e.g., Ticketing, Sponsorship, F&B, Retail) and decrease expenses
- Other duties as assigned
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer and entertainment. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in business, mathematics, economics or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Analytics, Strategy, or Technology preferred
- Expertise with Salesforce, Archtics, SQL, R, Tableau, Excel
- Experience in sports or live events is a plus
- Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships with their team and business partners
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written); excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills; excellent organization skills
- Project management experience preferred
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters and information
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail, excellent planning skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment and as part of a team, taking on tasks at all levels
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department, including evenings and weekends for events
About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.