Department: Soccer Operations
Reports to: Head Groundskeeper
FLSA: Salaried, Exempt
Position Summary: The Groundskeeper is responsible for overseeing daily maintenance of the Orlando Pride Training Facility and assist in the overseeing and grounds maintenance for the facility as needed. This position works under the Head Groundskeeper and assists with mowing, fertilization, edging, irrigation troubleshooting and repair, top dressing, aerating, painting, sodding, and record keeping for the Orlando Pride Training Facility. The individual holding this position will serve as a representative of Orlando Pride, and as such, shall always promote a positive impression of the club and grounds department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Oversee and provide maintenance for the Orlando Pride practice pitch, including but not limited to mowing, edging, fertilizing, aerating, top-dressing, over-seeding, re-sodding and line striping.
● Help develop and implement an effective fertility, fungicide, and pest control program.
● Assist Head Groundskeeper with managing and hiring groundskeeping crew.
● Maintain irrigation system throughout the stadium complex.
● Collaborate effectively with game day operations, stadium operations, and team administration for field usage requirements.
● Use, maintain, service, and repair all equipment and tools used to maintain surfaces to professional standards.
● Help manage and implement the approved grounds budget.
● Proactively anticipate and address issues.
● Approach duties with an innovative mindset, generating new ideas and processes.
● Occasional assistance at other facilities as needed
● Other duties as assigned.
● Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related area preferred or minimum 5 years of experience with upkeep of grass playing surfaces.
● Candidate should possess or have the ability to obtain the Florida Commercial Pesticide Applicator License.
● Working knowledge and expertise operating standard grounds equipment.
● Availability to be on-call and work long hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with staff, coaches, players, and community.
● Ability to work independently and effectively supervise others when needed.
● Organizational skills and high attention to detail.
● Must possess a strong work ethic and good demeanor.
● Knowledge and compliance with MLS rules and regulations.
● Must be able and knowledgeable using a computer.
● Must be able to lift items (50 lbs.) and carry cargo.
● Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions (rain, high temperatures/heat, etc.).
● Must be able to perform work requiring extended periods of walking and standing, frequent bending, stooping, reaching, lifting and load carrying.
Orlando Pride Overview
The Orlando Pride entered the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) as the league’s tenth team in October 2015, and began league play in 2016, bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time. As part of the preeminent Orlando City Soccer Club, the Pride join Orlando City SC of Major League Soccer and Orlando City B of USL League One. In 2017, the Pride, along with Orlando City SC, moved its home matches into Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium located in the heart of downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international talent, highlighted by Women’s World Cup champions and Olympic gold medalists, as well as six-time FIFA World Player of the Year Marta, the Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
Entering its fifth season of play, Orlando Pride is committed to building the global standard for professional women’s sports teams and is guided by the following principles:
To bring our community together, create lasting memories, and fuel passion for soccer.
Be the envy of our league through performance, relevancy, and enterprise value.
Entertain, unify, and inspire our community through passionate soccer & service.
For more information on the Orlando Pride, visit Orlando-Pride.com or follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.