Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Future Employment Opportunity- Staff Accountant with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Reports to: Controller
Position Summary: The Staff Accountant will be a key member of the Finance Department and will be responsible for maintaining financial records and statements on behalf of the club. They will assist with accounting and financial record keeping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts/budgets; annual and monthly financial statements; other accounting reports; and complete ad hoc financial analysis and special projects as necessary.
- Assist with month end closing procedures, including journal entry preparation for various activities such as prepaid, petty cash reconciliation, suspense, unapplied and third party.
- Perform analysis of balance sheet accounts and prepare account reconciliations including company credit cards, reclass/adjust intercompany activity (DTDF), health benefits and other payables.
- Verify and post entries to subsidiary and general ledger accounts, including trial balance analysis.
- Perform analysis and review of weekly payables submitted by other departments and submit weekly AP wires and check requests for payment approval.
- Detail processing for accounts payable invoices and expense reports.
- Improve vendor relationships and manage contracts while searching for expense improvements.
- Assist with other accounting functions as needed, including administration work.
- Assist with event settlements and end of the year stadium settlement.
- Assist in compiling audit information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- 2+ years of experience within the accounting field.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Excel, accounting and banking systems.
- Experience with any of the following a plus: Accounting Seed, VENA, QuickBooks, Salesforce, FinancialForce, Concur.
- Must have a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a take-charge, forward thinking person who is able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
About Orlando City SC
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?