Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Fan Engagement Internship
Orlando City Soccer Club
Title: Fan Engagement Intern
Reports to: LionNation Coordinator
Background: Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015 and moved into their privately-financed downtown soccer venue in March 2017, becoming the first team in MLS history to open a stadium with five consecutive victories. With a season-ticket base in the 20,000 range, the 25,500-seated Orlando City Stadium experienced sellout crowds nearly its entire first year of inception.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is seeking a Fan Engagement intern responsible game-day activations. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for interacting with fans, customer service and in-game activations. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the assembly, maintenance and takedown of LionNation activations on game days, including both Orlando City and Orlando Pride home games
- Manage the fulfillment needs/requests in order to ensure participant satisfaction
- Ensure timely and accurate input of data
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Special creative projects as assigned
- Must currently be a student (undergraduate or graduate) who is able to receive college credit
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects at a time with tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage priorities in a dynamic, high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and creatively solve day-to-day challenges.
- Strong work ethic: team player with a “get the job done” attitude.
- Multilingual in the following languages: Spanish and Portuguese (recommended, not required)
- Ability to work nights and weekends for every Orlando City and Orlando Pride home game, in addition to any other events that may arise
Salary: This is an unpaid internship.
How did you hear about this job?