Event Receptionist - Orlando City SC (Orlando · FL)
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Administration/General Management: Receptionist/Switchboard
TITLE: Event Receptionist
DEPARTMENT: Stadium Operations
REPORTS TO: Stadium Security Manager
REPORTS TO: Stadium Security Manager
FLSA: Part-Time; Hourly; Non-exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
Are you reliable, have excellent communication skills and have a service and can-do attitude? Orlando City and Orlando Pride are looking for an Event Receptionist to be the first point of contact for the Club during special events outside of the regular M-F 9-5 office hours. The Event Receptionist is responsible for general reception duties and responsibilities with fill support of the event program the Club is hosting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answering and fielding telephone calls and answering any questions from customers or the public in a courteous manner.
- Listen and solved complaints from customers or the public. Escalate when needed.
- Complete administrative projects assigned.
- Directing questions to the right departments or extensions.
- Looking after visitors on arrival and directing or escorting them to specific locations within the front office.
- File, maintain records and call log.
- Keep reception area clean and organized with relevant information materials up to date.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Assist with hospitality arrangements if needed.
- Cover regular office hours receptionist as needed when available.
- Other duties as assigned.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years of previous customer service or administrative experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact clearly and caring with customers, vendors and other employees.
- Organization skills with the ability to keep accurate records and find important information quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and complete a variety of tasks.
- Ability to respond appropriate and deescalate conflict with members of the public.
- Ability to create a pleasant experience for all guests.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish or Portuguese preferred.
- Ample ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
About Orlando City SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, Orlando City SC, moved its home matches into Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium located in the heart of downtown Orlando.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. In 2019, Orlando City SC re-launched OCB to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City SC boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
Orlando City SC is committed to building the global standard for professional soccer teams and is guided by the following principles:
To bring our community together, create lasting memories, and fuel passion for soccer.
Be the envy of our league through performance & relevancy.
Entertain, unify, and inspire our community through passionate soccer & service and winning championships.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How did you hear about this position? Teamwork, Referral (who?), job board?
Will you now or in the future require authorization to work in the US for our club?
Expected hourly rate?