Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Account Executive Group Sales with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
Title: Account Executive, Group Sales
Reports to: Director, Group Sales
FLSA: Full-Time; Exempt
Position Summary: The Account Executive, Group Sales is responsible for generating new business through the sale of Orlando City ticket inventory, including the sale of all specified seating categories through cold-calling, face-to-face appointments and networking. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the sports industry, a solid foundation of sales training and the ability to initiate cold calls, face-to-face appointments and find creative and innovative programs to drive attendance and revenue for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect, establish, research and close group ticket sales leads through cold-calling, prospecting, appointments and networking.
- Meet or exceed weekly/monthly sales and prospecting goals.
- Work closely with Ticket Operations and Service departments to achieve sales/prospecting goals.
- Create and develop new business by regularly pitching new prospects through external appointments, and phone prospecting.
- Work to grow existing group and theme night events, and develop, plan and execute new events.
- Maintain high level of customer service to existing and new clients of Orlando City SC.
- Participate in various sales team and community events as assigned.
- Represent organization at various networking events.
- Active role in the Orlando City game day experience.
- Maintain accurate records in support of sales efforts as defined by the organization.
- Minimum 1-2 years of sales experience in professional or collegiate sports (or related industry) is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Computer skills: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM and Archtics is preferred.
- Experience in the Florida marketplace preferred but not necessary.
About Orlando City SC
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year-round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?