2021 Spring Semester Grassroots Marketing Intern with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Title: Grassroots Marketing Intern – 2021 Spring Semester
Reports to: Manager, Events & Fan Engagement
Notes: You must be able to receive academic credit for this internship
Position Summary: The Marketing Intern will report to the Manager of Events and Fan Engagement. The intern will assist with the daily marketing activities of the Club, including but not limited to, assisting with Team City events, grassroots marketing efforts, gameday activities and community events. We seek someone with a strong grasp of sports culture, superior organization skills, an unequalled work-ethic, and a creative mind.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn and support the marketing department with various activities related to fan engagement, brand development and gameday production.
- Assist with the planning and logistics for Team City and understand how to learn how to lead the team.
- Assist in gameday production elements such as national anthem singers, halftime entertainment, and other in-game activations.
- Learn and assist with marketing gameday responsibilities such as fan zone, concourse displays, execution and breakdown.
- Interact with fans though the Kickin’ Cruiser and activation elements.
- Assist with the outreach, communication, and planning of various community events the club is a part of.
- Collaborate with multiple internal and external parties to collaborate on in-office events.
- Research and propose new concepts for various aspects of gameday production and theme nights.
- Learn how to maintain storage and inventory of marketing collateral materials.
- Assist in coordinating the Club’s mascot appearances, and Instagram account.
- Research and propose opportunities for the Club, Team City and Kingston to engage the community.
- Other assignments as needed.
- Intern must be available from January - May 2021 (weekly hours negotiable)
- MBA/Graduate level candidates preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months of sports marketing experience.
- Strong organizational skills with experience managing multiple projects and timelines.
- Knowledge of marketing, promotions, and event planning.
- Exceptional creative abilities: looking to push the envelope and develop and implement fresh ideas.
- Available non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere. Remote internship optional for non-gamedays or non-event days, however, gameday and event attendance may be required.
- This is an unpaid internship; therefore, academic credit is required to be eligible for this opportunity.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
This internship is intended to be an in-person learning opportunity. Due to COVID 19, policies and procedures related to non-full-time employees working at our office at Exploria Stadium may dictate that the role becomes a telework opportunity.
About Orlando City SC
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Will you be able to receive academic credit for this internship?