Sport Rehabilitation Therapist with New York City FC in Orangeburg · NY
REPORTING TO: Head of High Performance
LOCATION: Orangeburg, NY
- Acute Intervention: To assist in the injury management of all NYCFC 1st team players with the aim of optimizing the healing and recovery process
- Injury Prevention: Reduce the risk of injury occurrence within the 1st Team by assisting in the development of appropriate profiling, screening and injury prevention protocols and strategies
- Rehabilitation: Design evidence-based protocols for return to full function of the NYCFC 1st Team players and allow them to compete at the highest level while minimizing the risk of reoccurrence of injury
- Adapt an interdisciplinary approach of working within the department that includes close links to all areas of the club
- Maintain all legal and professional qualifications in relation to own profession
- Create relationships with players, staff and NYCFC coaches to support injury rehabilitation needs
- Ensure the latest clinical, scientific and technical innovations to practice are incorporated into maintaining the highest level of care
- Maintain detailed records for the department of all therapy care in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Maintain a complete and up to date physical therapy record in the League-provided electronic medical record system
- Compliance with club policies
- First Team Travel required
- Compliance with the club’s health and safety procedures as well as other applicable policies from NYCFC
- Maintain professional conduct at all times
- Track record of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong organizational and operational skills to work within team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Managing change and embedding new ways of working
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
- A great ability to reflect on current working practice & change when indicated
- Be able to demonstrate passion & enthusiasm for your work but maintain a high degree of humility in its delivery & when dealing with others
- Show an ability to want to improve at all times
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of Sports Medicine/PT
- Passed National Physical Therapy Exam
- Possess personal professional liability insurance
- Required licensure to work in New York
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC.
- Periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Ability to travel for business purposes
- Must be able to work games scheduled which may be at night and on weekends and holidays
The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and qualified for the 2020 Concacaf Champions League. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit:
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of Sports Medicine/PT?
Have you passed the National Physical Therapy Exam, possess personal professional liability insurance, and have licensure to work in New York?