Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Intern, Community Coordinator with New York City FC in New York · NY
New York City FC jobs
Sports Jobs in New York · NY
The Intern, Community Coordinator is responsible for supporting the team with the execution of short-term projects and daily activities. The areas of concentration include but are not limited to: events planning, monitoring and evaluation, resource generation, presentations and research. Great opportunity to enhance your knowledge of the nonprofit and social responsibility sectors, and youth programs aimed at promoting healthy living, STEM and leadership development. This is a season-long paid internship position.
- Support with planning and coordination of community events including soccer festivals, fundraising events, employee volunteering;
- Support with the monitoring and evaluation of all community programs including delivery of pre and post surveys, analysis of data and presentation of reports;
- Support employee volunteering events by helping with volunteer recruitment, day of orientation and post surveys;
- Develop articles for Monthly Employee Volunteer Newsletter;
- Support Bi-Weekly Community meetings and send meeting notes out afterwards;
- Manage donation requests and auction platform including collection of memorabilia, promotion of offers and fulfillment;
- Assist with the development of donor database for City in the Community Foundation;
- Assist with pre-match and match day duties at Yankee Stadium;
- Assist with program and young leader training presentations;
- Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed;
- Provide research on new initiatives, grant sources, potential donors, strategic partners and sponsors;
- Other duties as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Analytical, with excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility to work match days
- Flexibility to work on Saturday Evenings
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to work games scheduled which may be at night and on weekends and holidays
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City.
In 2019, the Club finished top of the Eastern Conference and qualified for the 2020 Concacaf Champions League. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/
New York City FC is also one of eight clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Club Atletico Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC and Mumbai City among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What about this role with New York City FC interests you most?