Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Academy Goalkeeper Coach – Development Phase with New York City FC in Orangeburg · NY
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train the GK’s of the U12, U13 and U14 Academy teams according to the club’s philosophy;
- Assist with planning, supervising and coordinating the training sessions and games;
- Assist with building the academy rosters according to the club’s guidelines;
- Scout and identify goalkeepers in the NY Metro region;
- Create and maintain healthy relationships with youth affiliates, colleges and local youth program coaches;
- Supporting Talent ID Programs and various Youth Program initiatives;
- Assist in managing the players behavior both on and off the field;
- Representing New York City FC in all manners, including the participation in promotional and public related events depending on availability;
- Any other GK coach duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by club’s management
- 3-5 years of GK coaching experience at youth academy or higher level;
- US Soccer License required; ‘B’ level or higher; GK coaching license preferred;
- Possess strong relationships with local clubs;
- Season runs from the beginning of August to mid-July;
- GK coach will be expected to attend all training sessions and home games during the season;
- GK Coach is expected to travel to all fixtures with the respective teams;
- Training sessions will be during the afternoon/evenings almost every day and games are on the weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday);
- GK coach will be expected to attend weekly coaching staff meetings
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have 3-5 years of GK coaching experience at Youth Academy or higher level?
Do you have a US Soccer License?
Do you have a GK coaching license?
What about this role with New York City FC interests you most?