Team Photographer with Nashville Soccer Club in Nashville · TN
Nashville Soccer Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Nashville · TN
Communications/Community Relations: Photography
Nashville is America’s “It City” and a soccer city on the rise. From the CONCACAF Gold Cup to FIFA World Cup qualifying, Nashville is becoming a destination for the nation’s most prominent soccer games. Music City’s local team, Nashville Soccer Club, is set to begin its second season in Major League Soccer in 2021 and is recruiting a Team Photographer for our marketing team.
The Team Photographer will play a pivotal role in creating unique and engaging photo content that elicits an emotional connection with our supporters and strengthens the overall Nashville SC brand. Responsibilities will include capturing, producing, posting and archiving game, practice, lifestyle and studio imagery as well as covering club, community and partner events. This position is responsible for creating relevant content and impactful stories through unique and powerful imagery while collaborating with the marketing team to deliver dynamic, on-brand and on-message content for multiple platforms. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Digital Strategy.
- Document season on and off the field, including training, matches, community and team events, to tell the Nashville Soccer Club story through photography.
- Produce additional photo content that incorporates motion graphics, video, audio or design elements
- Coordinate all logistics for studio, lifestyle and league shoots, including media day and team photo day.
- Produce shot lists for match days and facilitate efficient delivery of imagery in real-time to digital team.
- Edit/retouch photos for social media platforms.
- Maintain photo archiving database for club and distribution to players.
- Keep current on digital, social, creative and photographic trends and technology.
- Work hand-in-hand with creative and digital teams to ensure that photos become best-in-class, high-performing content.
- Participate in ideation meetings and present creative concepts to the marketing team.
- Follow brand guideline specifications and ensure consistency on quality during production.
- Ability to travel and cover road matches.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in visual arts, production, graphic design, or equivalent education;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in photographing high-speed action with advanced knowledge in a studio environment;
- Experience in creating image-based storytelling content;
- Advanced experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Lightroom;
- Excellent communication, collaboration and organization skills required;
- Ability to not only shoot, but also think through the lens of a creative storyteller while shooting;
- Ability to lift items more than 30 pounds; and
- Available nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.