Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Head Athletic Trainer with Nashville Soccer Club in Nashville · TN
Nashville Soccer Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Nashville · TN
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
Nashville is America’s “It City” and a soccer city on the rise. From the CONCACAF Gold Cup to FIFA World Cup qualifying, Nashville is becoming a destination for the nation’s most prominent soccer games. Music City’s local team, Nashville Soccer Club (the “Club”), is ready for its next step, Major League Soccer. Nashville SC will transition into MLS in 2020 and is recruiting a Head Athletic Trainer to strengthen the Club as it prepares for MLS.
The Head Athletic Trainer will manage the day-to-day sports medicine operations for Nashville Soccer Club. In this capacity, the Head Athletic Trainer will provide injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation for players' medical problems. The performance of duties will be under the direction and supervision of the MLS Medical Director and the designated Team Chief Medical Officer.
The Head Athletic Trainer will work closely with the Head Coach and/or General Manager/Director of Soccer Operations on a daily basis. A year-round employee, the Athletic Trainer will attend all training, scrimmages and home and away games.
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Physical Education, or related field
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Physical Education, or related field
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer
- In good standing with NATABOC and a member of the NATA (or CATA)
- State License in the state in which the team calls home, if required by the state
- CPR certification for Health Care Provider
- Possess personal professional liability insurance
- Strongly recommend personal professional liability insurance
- Strongly prefer certification: CSCS. PES, LMT, NREMT
- Minimum four (4) year college/university Bachelor's Degree
- Masters Degree in related health care field or license or registered physical therapist
- Minimum five (5) years certified athletic trainer
- Experience with elite level athletes
- Experience working in a high tempo/high stress environment
- Medical soccer experience preferred
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the health care of players including, but not limited to: first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals
- Comply with OSHA standards regarding blood born pathogens
- Order, maintain and inventory supplies and clinical equipment
- Keep training room and clinic area safe, clean and organized
- Maintain a complete and up to date roster of player health and participation records in the League-provided electronic medical record system
- Electronically document first report of injury, player treatments, and return to play dates for various purposes (e.g. workers compensation claims, research)
- Initiate insurance/worker's compensation claims for players
- Compile reports as required by MLS
- Provide medical assistance to the Team Medical Staff regarding players health and safety
- Under the direction of the supervising Physician, assist the organization and maintenance of pharmaceutical inventory and records
- Organize physical examinations as required by MLS regulations
- Supervise assistant athletic trainers, aides and volunteers as applicable
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, coaches, other team personnel and MLS staff
- Comply with all MLS medical policies, protocol and Game Operations Manual
- Counsel players regarding dietary needs, nutritional supplements and League/FIFA banned substances
- Participate in community service/educational programs related to sports medicine
- Participate in activities/meetings/programs as required by MLS
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?