Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Sport Scientist with Minnesota United FC in Blaine · MN
Professional soccer has been a part of Minnesota for over four decades and Minnesota United is at the forefront of growing the game at all levels. From the first team to the front office to the Development Academy to our work throughout the Twin Cities, the club’s goal remains the same: to inspire and unite our community through the world’s game. We’ll accomplish this through a culture built on accountability, respect, excellence and honesty and by creating a fan experience and connection to the community second to none.
- Real-time and retrospective match and training analysis and report creation (physical data)
- Data storage, mining and organization
- Analysis of field and gym-based workload data
- Creation of efficient processes and protocols that are able to be implemented Club-wide
- Identification of performance enhancement solutions with various technologies
- Creations of actionable data-driven solutions to maximize individual and team outcomes
- Minimum requirement- undergraduate degree in related field – Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum- Two years of relevant experience in professional sports
- Proficient with data management and analysis in statistical software
- Experience working with Catapult GPS, Vald Performance and Kitman Labs. Experience in R, Matlab, Python, Azure, Tableau and/or Power BI. Experience with database systems and data preparation.
- Background in artificial intelligence, medical, health, fitness, and athletic performance data. Experience with techniques such as classical inference, generalized linear models, and multivariate methods. Experience with data visualization tools.
- Ability to learn athlete monitoring software programs.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a high-performance team.
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule, including nights and weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have an undergraduate degree in related field?
Do you have at least two years of relevant experience in professional sports?
Do you have strong analytical and quantitative skills, with proficiency in using data management/analysis software?
Are you able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, potential holidays, and comfortable traveling domestically?