Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Special Events Intern with Minnesota United FC in St. Paul · MN
Professional soccer has been a part of Minnesota for over four decades and Minnesota United is at the forefront of growing the game at all levels. From the first team to the front office to the Development Academy to our work throughout the Twin Cities, the club’s goal remains the same: to inspire and unite our community through the world’s game. We’ll accomplish this through a culture built on accountability, respect, excellence and honesty and by creating a fan experience and connection to the community second to none.
Reporting to the Special Events Manager, the Special Events Intern is a part-time role that will assist in the execution of many aspects of Allianz Field Special Events as well as full stadium events hosted at Allianz Field. The Special Events Intern will contribute to increasing department efficiency and overall improvement of event management for Special Events at Allianz Field.
Responsibilities (May include, but not limited to):
- Assist with the set-up and teardown of Special Events
- Help manage special events from client arrival through event end
- Able to lead Special Event tours, which includes being knowledgeable about the team and club history
- Take event photos capturing the space, the people, and the overall environment of events
- Assist in providing direction to contracted Security and Cleaning Staff
- Assist the Special Events Coordinator and Special Events Manager with organization and inventory of special event assets
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple tasks.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of full stadium tours including leading tours, organizing materials, preparing giveaways post tour, and other tasks assigned.
- Work with Gather on stadium calendar management
- Per scheduled availability, attend meetings, calls and walk-throughs
- Assist with Marketing materials and mailings
- Stay up-to-date on industry products and trends - identifying opportunities for inclusion into the MNUFC and Allianz Field experience
- Responsible for focusing on attention to detail, taking initiative, and creating a positive working environment
- Prior experience with a professional or collegiate sports organization
- Minimum 1 year with special events, wedding, or convention experience
- Outstanding communication skills including in-person and email
- Detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow timelines
- Flexible schedule – office hours during the week and events on weekends and weeknights
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Access to reliable transportation
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have prior experience working with a professional or collegiate sports organization?
Do you have at least 1 year of experience working in special events? (Stadium events, weddings, convention experience, etc.)
Are you able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, potential holidays?