Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Director of Operations, Allianz Field with Minnesota United FC in Saint Paul, MN
- Work closely with the General Manager of Allianz Field to create and implement various building operation policies and procedures
- Work with stadium contractors to develop and implement comprehensive preventative maintenance programs and work order systems
- Manage operations/engineering staff to ensure proper operation and maintenance of the heating, cooking, electrical and plumbing systems at all times
- Conduct both the hiring and training of all operations staff and building engineers
- Oversee relationship with stadium cleaning service, including outline of expectations, scheduling, and training with an added emphasis on guest service expectations
- Maintain a complete understanding of all fire, emergency, lighting and other control systems and ensure all are in proper working condition as well as assist in the scheduling of required inspections and maintenance
- Oversee relationship with stadium 24/7 security provider outline expectations, scheduling, and training with an added emphasis on guest service expectations
- Manage building access control systems
- Direct a complete and effective dry-down to ensure proper winterization of the facility
- Facilitate proper training for all appropriate operational staff on building management and life safety systems and ensure that the appropriate security personnel are properly trained
- Plan and manage department budget including internal part time staff as well as external contractors
- Continuously create a comprehensive capital expense budget and present to General Manager of Allianz Field
- Collaborate with local city and county governments and municipalities on stadium projects to ensure compliance, acceptance, and coordination
- Able to stand for extended time
- Able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs
- Able to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends and holiday as deemed necessary
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all types of adverse weather conditions
- 3 – 5 years in an operationally focused role
- Bachelor’s degree in building management -- significant experience and academic exposure may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Supervisory experience required
- Appropriate technical expertise in areas of HVAC systems, plumbing systems and facility maintenance; experience with automated building systems is preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology and event related services.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and other technical documents, as well as an understanding of building codes/life safety regulations
- Excellent communications skills, well-organized and detail-oriented
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have 3-5 years of experience in an operationally focused role?
Do you have a Bachelor's degree in related field or significant experience in lieu of a degree?
Do you have previous supervisory experience?
Do you have experience and technical expertise in areas relating to HVAC systems, facility maintenance, plumbing systems, and building systems?